Sacré Bleu! A French concept Car with its Own ‘Flying Companion’ DronePosted: February 5, 2014 | |
“…perfectly suited for ‘the needs of young customers in new markets’”
The Kwid’s drone can operate on an automated setting or manual mode, which lets the driver or passenger control it from a tablet inside the vehicle, Business Insider reported.
Launched from its dock at the rear of the Kwid’s roof, the Flying Companion can be operated in two modes: automated, where it uses a pre-programmed flying sequence and GPS satellites to locate and perform its functions; or manual mode, which lets the driver or passenger control the drone from a tablet in the Kwid.
The Flying Companion can also be used for more than finding open parking spaces, including scouting traffic, taking photos of the landscape, and examining road obstacles.
- Official: Renault KWID Concept is a flight of EV fancy with a traffic drone (green.autoblog.com)
- Renault unveils quirky Kwid concept (worldcarfans.com)
- Renault Unites the World With Kwid Concept, Just in Time for the Olympics (caranddriver.com)
- Renault introduces ZE-ready concept with drone Flying Companion; targeting new markets (greencarcongress.com)
- Renault Unveils Z.E.-Ready KWID Concept With Drone “Flying Companion” (w/videos) (insideevs.com)
- Renault Kwid Concept Gets Its Own Drone (motorauthority.com)
- Official: Renault Kwid concept eyes India’s youth market [w/videos] (autoblog.com)
- Renault Kwid concept baby SUV revealed (caradvice.com.au)
- Renault unveils concept car KWID at auto expo (profit.ndtv.com)
- Auto Expo 2014: Renault unveils concept car Kwid (ibnlive.in.com)