Welcome to Russia, Visitors to Sochi Olympics: You’ve Already Been HackedPosted: February 5, 2014
The Weekly Standard‘s Daniel Halper writes: Richard Engel reported last night on NBC that all visitors to the Sochi Olympics are getting hacked as soon as their electronic devices connect to any Russian network:
“As tourists and families of athletes arrive in Sochi, if they haven’t been warned, and if they fire up their phones at baggage claim, it’s probably too late to save the integrity of their electronics and everything inside them. Visitors to Russia can expect to be hacked. And as Richard Engel found out upon his arrival there, it’s not a matter of if, but when,” reports NBC’s Brian Williams.
Engel says, “The State Department warns that travelers should have no expectation of privacy. Even in their hotel rooms. And as we found out, you are especially exposed as soon as you try and communicate with anything.”
“One of the first thing visitors to Russia will do is log on,” says Engel…
Read the rest….
- NBC: All Visitors to Sochi Olympics Immediately Hacked (fedcyber.com)
- All Visitors To Sochi Immediately Hacked, “Should Have No Expectation Of Privacy Even In Hotel Rooms” (weaselzippers.us)
- NBC: All Visitors to Sochi Olympics Immediately Hacked When They Arrive (hapblog.com)
- Visitors to Sochi will be hacked ‘almost immediately’ (news.optuszoo.com.au)
- Visitors to Sochi will be hacked ‘almost immediately’ (news.com.au)
- Sochi visitors entering hacking ‘minefield’ by firing up electronics (news.cnet.com)
- NBC News’ Richard Engel: My Computers, Cellphone Were Hacked ‘Almost Immediately’ In Sochi (huffingtonpost.com)
- Hacking Attacks are Practically Guaranteed at the Sochi Olympics (securitybistro.com)
- Visitors To Sochi Olympics Will Be Instantly Hacked [VIDEO] (forbes.com)