What’s the Best Way to Close the Income Gap? Americans say ‘Less Government’Posted: February 5, 2014
According to a recent Rasmussen report, the majority of American believe that the fastest way to close the income gap is to take the government out of the equation.
The national telephone survey found that 69 percent of U.S. residents believe the salary gap is an issue that deserves attention, but 59 percent think that it can best be solved without the government intervening in the economy.
Responses to this question varied depending on party affiliation. Fifty-three percent of Democrats say that more government involvement will narrow the income gap, while 87 percent of Republicans believe the poor can best be served without government interference in the economy. 59 percent of unaffiliated voters say less government involvement is the better course.
But more than any demographic, it is those who are involved with the government who believe the government should take an active goal in reducing income inequality. Sixty-one percent of the political class think more government activism will best address the issue. However, 70 percent of mainstream voters see less government involvement as a better way to close the income gap…
- What’s the best way to close the income gap? Americans say, less government (conservativebyte.com)
- Poll: Wealthy, liberals unite to support increased immigration (dailycaller.com)
- What’s the best way to close the income gap? Americans say, less government (dailycaller.com)
- Rasmussen: Tea Party Just As Popular As Obama And More-So Than Congress (youviewed.com)
- REPORT: 9% Have Considered Quitting Their U.S. Citizenship (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Polls Show That Democrats’ Favorite Campaign Themes Are Duds With The American People (breitbart.com)
- Poll: Americans don’t really care that much about income inequality (dailycaller.com)
- Income Inequality Continued: The Fight Against Income Inequality (petersonjet.wordpress.com)
- Rasmussen: 62% Feel State of the Union ‘Mostly Just for Show’ (breitbart.com)
- 59% Say Less Government, Not More, Would Help Close Income Gap (illinoisreview.typepad.com)