Dylan Farrow Fights Back: Responds to Woody Allen’s Op-Ed ‘…Distortions and Outright Lies’Posted: February 8, 2014
Dylan Farrow has responded to an op-ed Woody Allen published by The New York Times Friday.
In the response, provided to The Hollywood Reporter, Farrow denounced Allen’s op-ed — in which he suggested Farrow’s mother, Mia Farrow, had coached her to accuse Allen of sexually assaulting her as a child.
“I have never wavered in describing what he did to me. I will carry the memories of surviving these experiences for the rest of my life,” Farrow said.
She went on to challenge other points in Allen’s op-ed, calling it ‘the latest rehash of the same legalese, distortions, and outright lies he has leveled at me for the past 20 years.”
Allen’s op-ed came nearly one week after Farrow published an open letter on theTimes website, where she detailed an alleged sexual assault Allen carried out on her when she was seven. Farrow is the adopted daughter of Allen and Mia Farrow.
The famous couple was together for 12 years, and split in 1992 after allegations of the abuse surfaced. Allen was never convicted of a crime relating to the allegations. In 1997 he married Soon-Yi Previn, also an adopted daughter of Farrow.
Read Farrow’s full response at The Hollywood Reporter...
- Woody Allen responds to Dylan Farrow’s molestation claim in open letter (calgaryherald.com)
- Dylan Farrow hits back at Woody Allen, denies Mia Farrow brainwashed her (riehlworldview.com)
- Woody Allen: ‘I Did Not Molest Dylan’ (connecticut.cbslocal.com)
- Woody Allen defends himself against molestation claims in open letter (ctvnews.ca)
- Allen defends self against Farrow’s abuse claims (sandiego6.com)
- Allen defends self against Farrow’s abuse claims (kvue.com)
- Dylan Farrow fires back against Woody Allen – Detroit Free Press (freep.com)
- Dylan Farrow fires back against Woody Allen (usatoday.com)
- Dylan Farrow Responds to Woody Allen: ‘Nothing He Says or Writes Can Change the Truth’ (variety.com)
- Dylan Farrow Responds To Woody Allen’s Op-Ed, Calling His Response Full Of ‘Outright Lies’ (huffingtonpost.com)