Corporate Backing is Helping Obamacare Infect National Economy like a VirusPosted: February 9, 2014 | |
Obamacare virus is infecting mainstream American life as business conglomerates, sports teams and crony capitalists voluntarily inject it into the corporate bloodstream
Univision, the nation’s largest Spanish-language television network, is airing half-hour specials about healthy living and educating viewers about how to sign up for coverage under President Obama’s health law.
“…we knew that if we wanted to reach young people, this couldn’t look like a traditional government program…”
— Michael Marchand
And tax preparers at thousands of Jackson Hewitt and H&R Block offices are talking to their customers about how to enroll in the new insurance plans sold through the law’s online marketplaces.
Although many companies are wary of associating with the health law while it remains a political lightning rod, the Affordable Care Act is increasingly entering the mainstream as major corporations, sports teams and others integrate it into their businesses.
The development — little-noticed amid the political skirmishing in Washington — may not erase widespread skepticism about the law, which has deepened in recent months, polls show. But as the law becomes embedded in American life, the Republican drive to dismantle Obamacare will almost certainly become more complicated.
“Once the legislation became the law of the land, we feel it became a reasonable decision to educate our fans as to how it impacts their lives,” said Brad Ruiter, a spokesman for the Minnesota Timberwolves. The National Basketball Assn. franchise is running ads at home games paid for by the state’s insurance marketplace.
The MNsure ads at the Target Center in Minneapolis — which also run at Minnesota Wild hockey games at Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul — are the kind of promotional campaign that many of the law’s critics had hoped to prevent.….
- AIDS Patients in Obamacare Limbo as Insurers Reject Checks (grumpyelder.com)
- Minn. insurers still don’t know who’s enrolled in Obamacare (dailycaller.com)
- The crony infection in health care: Moody’s downgrades health insurers, citing Obamacare (againstcronycapitalism.org)
- Obamacare: You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet (paulwbriggs.wordpress.com)
- Audit: Minnesota Obamacare exchange lacks basic security (dailycaller.com)
- Just Look at How Corrupt Our Government Is Becoming (citizentom.com)
- Obamacare so Unpopular States Change Name to Boost Enrollment (1800politics.com)
- The Slow Unraveling of Obamacare Continues (powerlineblog.com)
- Blue State Obamacare Exchanges Collapse (deadcitizensrightssociety.wordpress.com)
- Ouch! Survey shows MN insurance agents sour on state health exchange (watchdog.org)