Do We See a Pattern Here? New York Passes Gun Control, NRA Membership SkyrocketsPosted: February 10, 2014
Katie McHugh reports: Membership in a New York affiliate of the National Rifle Association nearly doubled in a year after Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo passed harsh gun control measures in the wake of last year’s Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
New York now boasts 41,000 NRA members, up from the 22,000 members in January 2013, making it the largest NRA affiliate chapter in the country — surpassing even Texas.
“I think it sends a message to all the anti-gun politicians, all the politicians sitting on the fence, that yes, if they thought that we were quiet and this was going to go away without anyone paying any more attention to it, they were just flat-out wrong,” New York State Rifle & Pistol Association president Tom King told Buffalo News on Monday.
King also threatened Republican politicians with electoral retribution if they failed to repeal the NY SAFE Act, which prohibits the sale of “high capacity” magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds, requires ammunition dealers to conduct background checks on consumers and bans assault weapons….
- New York passes gun control, NRA membership skyrockets (gopthedailydose.com)
- NY Passes SAFE Act – NRA Membership Doubles (youviewed.com)
- NRA membership in New York nearly doubles over past 12 months (bizpacreview.com)
- New York Enacts Strict New Gun Laws: NRA Membership In State Promptly Doubles (ijreview.com)
- New York’s NRA Membership Nearly Doubled in 2013 (breitbart.com)
- New York’s NRA Membership Nearly Doubles In Wake Of Cuomo’s SAFE Act (patdollard.com)
- Since SAFE Act, NRA Membership Doubles in NY, Becomes Largest State Chapter in Nation (freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com)
- Opposition to NY SAFE Act sees membership in New York’s NRA chapter DOUBLE (bearingarms.com)