Conflicting Reports: Eric Holder to Step Down This Year?Posted: February 11, 2014
U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder will step down this year, he said in an interview with the New Yorker’s Jeffrey Toobin in the magazine’s Feb. 17 edition.
The most controversial, combative, distrusted, divisive, nakedly political, and openly partisan Justice Department in decades may be about to have an overdue transition? The Washington Times reports: In a feature article, Mr. Holder said he plans on staying in his position “well into” the year.
Last November, Mr. Holder told CBS News he didn’t have “any plans” to step down.
Mr. Holder has made voting rights the test case of his tenure, the New Yorker reported. He has been a vocal critic of the Supreme Court case that invalidated key parts of the Voting Rights Act and has supported Congressional action to renew and revise the law.
Meanwhile, just yesterday, David Jackson at USA Today reported Attorney General Eric Holder has “no specific plans to step down by the end of 2014“, Obama administration officials say, contrary to a new magazine report.
The New Yorker, in a piece about Holder’s battles over voting rights, said President Obama’s attorney general “will leave office sometime this year.”
That is a misinterpretation of a frequent Holder comment that he plans to stay in the job until at least most of 2014, officials said….
- Eric Holder to step down this year (conservativebyte.com)
- Eric Holder to step down this year: report (gopthedailydose.com)
- The New Yorker: Eric Holder To Step Down This Year (patdollard.com)
- Eric Holder to step down this year: report (freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com)
- Eric Holder Stepping Down (freedomoutpost.com)
- Eric Holder “told me that he will leave office sometime this year,” Jeffrey Toobin writes in the lat (gawker.com)
- Eric Holder to step down this year: report (gds44.wordpress.com)
- US Attorney Eric Holder to step down this year ? But note the pushback – DOJ Disputes Report That Holder Will Resign Or not in 2014 – who knows what this Administration will do from day to day anyway ? (fredw-catharsisours.blogspot.com)
- Report: Vivian Malone Jones’s Brother In-Law Will Step Down As Head of The Dept Of Justice in 2014…. (theconservativetreehouse.com)
- Report: U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to Step Down this Year (theroot.com)