SAY MY NAMEPosted: February 11, 2014
Daily Caller: MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell, and local NBC affiliates across the country are uniformly referring to the Washington Free Beacon as an “anti-Clinton website,” without even mentioning the site’s name.
The description came after the publication’s Alana Goodman wrote a story Monday called “The Hillary Papers,” a window of sorts into Hillary Clinton‘s thinking from her now-deceased best friend.The story was heavily hyped on Drudge before it even ran. Calling the Free Beacon an “anti-Clinton website” is odd treatment for a story that could just as easily landed in The New York Times, New York Magazine or elsewhere.
Free Beacon‘s founder Michael Goldfarb told The Mirror, “The piece wasn’t anti-Clinton, and our website isn’t anti-Clinton, but occasionally the facts are anti-Clinton–and when they are we report them. In this case, some of the documents showed Hillary as ruthless and calculating and vindictive, others showed her in quite a sympathetic light.
It’s a shame that Mitchell couldn’t be more graceful in crediting our reporter Alana Goodman for her impressive work, but given her advanced age and deep partisanship–we forgive her for it. You don’t get angry at your grandmother when she says something rude and uninformed, you have to be patient and understanding.”
Mitchell’s husband, Alan Greenspan, is an American economist who was chairman of the Federal Reserve from 1987-2006. His political position has elicited numerous conflict of interest charges for Mitchell in her role as a journalist covering the administration.
The Free Beacon story is an archive of what Hillary Clinton’s closest friend thought about the former first lady. It dates back to 1992. The grand conclusion is that she’s “strong, ambitious and ruthless” — ruthless being the word that offends…
- Washington Free Beacon Isn’t Happy That Andrea Mitchell Called Them An ‘Anti-Clinton Site’ (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Washington Free Beacon Ruthlessly Blasts, Forgives Andrea Mitchell for Criticizing Hillary Scoop (mediaite.com)
- Yes, it matters that Hillary was a ruthless megalomaniac 20 years ago (canadafreepress.com)
- Say My Name (freebeacon.com)
- ‘Hacks’: Andrea Mitchell runs interference for Hillary; Refers to Free Beacon as ‘anti-Clinton website’ (twitchy.com)
- Hillary Clinton’s ruthless ambitions (freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com)
- The Hillary Papers (grumpyelder.com)
- Hillary Clinton’s ruthless ambitions (conservativeread.com)
- Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! (pjmedia.com)