Thomas Jefferson Rolls in his Grave as Liberty-Crushing 21st Century Socialist Presidential Pretenders Invade His House, Part 2Posted: February 11, 2014 | |
Washington Post reports: Obama and Hollande visited Monticello, the historic estate of Francophile and onetime envoy to France Thomas Jefferson — an act of bonhomie aimed at putting aside the political troubles dogging both men…
From this morning’s HotAir:
If you had to name one American President who put up the most resistance to an imperial presidency, which comes to mind first? For most, it would be Thomas Jefferson, the third American President under the Constitution that Jefferson influenced with his ideals, based ultimately on the rejection of monarchical power Jefferson co-wrote in the Declaration of Independence….
At 4:45 POTUS and president Hollande walked out from a portico and strolled…with Leslie Bowman, president of the Monticello Foundation… POTUS said that he’d like to take a look and seemed delighted to “break the protocol”.
“That’s the good thing as a President, I can do whatever I want” he quipped…
…precisely the opposite of the example set by Jefferson…
More from Washington Post:
For much of the past decade, relations between France and the United States were tense…Both American officials and French diplomats say many of those divisions have since been closed because of Obama’s positive relationships with former French president Nicolas Sarkozy and with Hollande, who has governed much in the mold of Obama despite an early socialist platform.
Excuse me? “…governed much in the ‘mold of Obama in spite of an early socialist platform..? The Obama administration has moved U.S. policy further left than many countries in western Europe, including France.
“Let’s just say that we’ve come a long way from ‘freedom fries,’ ” a senior Obama administration official said Monday, referring to the nickname many conservatives used for French fries a decade ago. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity ahead of the state visit…
- Obama brags: “I can do whatever I want’ (rare.us)
- Obama, Hollande tour Jefferson’s Monticello estate (news.yahoo.com)
- Thomas Jefferson Rolls in his Grave as Liberty-Crushing 21st Century Socialist Presidential Pretenders Invade His House… (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Reuters Video: Obama, France’s Hollande make pilgrimage to Jefferson’s Monticello (englishblog.com)
- The Arrogance of This Fuckwad Masquerading As President!!! (antzinpantz.wordpress.com)
- Obama: ‘I Can Do Whatever I Want’ (Video) (breitbart.com)
- Video: The Monticello Irony (hotair.com)
- Thomas Jefferson Was Wrong (gvfinancial.com)
- Obama, Francois Hollande Tour Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello Estate (huffingtonpost.com)
- Obama: ‘As a president, I can do whatever I want’ (dailycaller.com)