Merde! U.S. National debt to rise to $18.2 trillionPosted: February 12, 2014
Matthew Boyle reports: The price tag for Congress suspending the debt ceiling until March, 2015 may give some Americans sticker shock.
According to an analysis by the Senate Budget Committee Republican staff, the national debt when the debt ceiling comes back into effect will be $18.2 trillion, about $1 trillion more than the current, $17.2 trillion debt.
The analysis, requested by Breitbart News, is an estimate based on projected spending and revenue levels. Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) is the top Republican on the Senate Budget Committee.
“This measure would increase America’s debt limit approximately $1 trillion while failing to reduce spending by a single penny. And the legislation takes no steps whatsoever to eliminate gimmicks that allow spending above our budget limits,” Sessions said in a statement.
- A thank you and farewell to RINO Republicans you will not be missed (dancingczars.wordpress.com)
- Senate looks to clear debt limit bill for Obama (wfaa.com)
- Senate passes debt ceiling bill without support from Sens. Jeff Sessions, Richard Shelby (al.com)
- Senate Looks to Clear Debt Limit Bill for Obama (kstp.com)
- US House raises $17.2 trillion debt ceiling, no strings attached (patriotnetdaily.com)
- US House raises $17.2 trillion debt ceiling, no strings attached (rt.com)
- Senate passes debt limit bill for Obama (pbs.org)
- Senate Passes Crucial Debt Ceiling Bill (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Senate clears debt limit measure for Obama (cnsnews.com)
- Ted Cruz’ debt ceiling filibuster puts John Cornyn on hot seat (trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com)