Dizzying Blizzard of Rules: Government adds 1,516 pages to the Federal RegisterPosted: February 17, 2014 Filed under: Law & Justice, U.S. News, White House | Tags: Competitive Enterprise Institute, Federal Register, Feds, Mother Nature, Regulation, Twitter, United States Congress, Washington 2 Comments
Feds adding new regulation every 3 hours…
Breanna Deutsch writes: Last week Mother Nature shut down Washington’s government offices for a day, but the extreme weather was no match for federal regulators.
Over that time period, 1,516 new pages and 56 additional final regulations were published in the Federal Register, according to the free-market Competitive Enterprise Institute.
Broken down, that is the equivalent of a new regulation added about every three hours.
We are only in the second month of 2014 and already the Federal Register has mushroomed to 9,079 pages. At this pace, the register will accumulate 73,218 pages by 2015. Shockingly, this would be the lowest total in five years.
Not all regulations are created equal — some are far more costly than others. So far this year there have been six final rules deemed “economically significant,” meaning they will have costs of $100 million or more in a given year. At this point, these six regulations have an estimated monetary impact of somewhere in between $614 million and $885 million. This figure will only continue to grow throughout the remaining months of 2014.
The 1996 Congressional Review Act (CRA) requires federal agencies to submit reports to Congress on economically significant rules…
- The Federal Register: 170,000 Pages Of Costly Rules – What Can Be Done ? (youviewed.com)
- Obamacare Regulations Hits 10,516 Pages, 8 Times Longer Than The Bible… (redflagnews.com)
- Obamacare Regulations Are 8 Times Longer Than Bible (cnsnews.com)
- Obamacare Regulations Top 10,000 Pages (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Obamacare regulations reportedly 8 times longer than the Bible (washingtontimes.com)
- Obamacare Regulations Top 10,000 Pages (blacklistednews.com)
- Obamacare Regulations: 8 Times Longer Than Bible (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Train Wreck: Obamacare Cost Caps Delayed Until 2015 (1800politics.com)
- Near-blizzard conditions, 9 inches of snow expected in NYC (nydailynews.com)
- Meet The Federal Register , 80 Thousand Pages Of Bureaucratic Edicts (youviewed.com)
And we were actually supposed to be concerned when the Govt. shut down
[…] Pundit from another Planet Feds adding new regulation every 3 hours… Breanna Deutsch writes: Last week Mother Nature […]