Woody Allen Heckled at Broadway MatineePosted: February 17, 2014
Mara Siegler and Emily Smith report: Woody Allen is continuing to put on a brave face following abuse allegations from his adopted daughter — even attending a Broadway musical where one audience member brazenly yelled, “I think he did it!”
The moment the show ended and the crowd stood for the ovation, the famously shy director, who is nominated for Best Original Screenplay for “Blue Jasmine,” and his family made a beeline for the door.
But he didn’t go unnoticed by the crowd.
A witness tells us, “A 60-something woman loudly exclaimed to her friend, ‘I think he did it!’ as Woody and his family scooted out. A protective Soon-Yi shot her a dirty look. Woody seemed unfazed.”
Allen and Soon-Yi, who married in 1997, had arrived at the show with their daughters early to avoid the crowd.
A fellow audience member said they seemed affectionate as they waited in their seats at the start, “At one point, he leaned over to Soon-Yi and said something. She put her hand on his face, it seemed a very loving gesture.”
Dylan Farrow, adopted daughter of Allen and Mia Farrow, published an open letter on the Times Web site on Feb. 1 detailing an alleged sexual assault he carried out on her when she was 7….
- PHOTOS – As Woody Allen Gets Heckled, Finger-Pointing Daughter Chills in Broward! (gossipextra.com)
- Woody Allen Booed At Broadway Show, Woman Yells, ‘I Think He Did It!’ (radaronline.com)
- Woody Allen Heckled at Theater: ‘I Think He Did It’ (breitbart.com)
- Woody Allen, Family Heckled on Broadway Over Child Abuse Allegations (latinopost.com)
- Woody Allen heckled on Broadway (news.optuszoo.com.au)
- Woody Allen heckled on Broadway (news.com.au)
- Woody Allen blames Mia Farrow (rss.cnn.com)
- Woody Allen fires back at molestation claims (cnn.com)
- Breaking: Woody Allen to direct opera in Madrid (artsjournal.com)
- On Having a Woody Allen Film Fest in Feb 2014 (slog.thestranger.com)