A Closer Look at Legalizing HeroinPosted: February 18, 2014 | |
Addicts need medical support like heroin maintenance, which is illegal in the U.S. thanks to the war on drugs.
Allan Clear is executive director of the Harm Reduction Coalition, a non-profit organization that advocates for injection drug users in the United States. When I contacted Clear to comment, he started by reviewing Hoffman’s history. “He had problems when he was younger, got help, then he was using pills, then he switched to heroin,” Clear noted.
In fact, pharmaceutical drugs like Oxycontin that are one of the primary reasons we have an opiate addiction crisis in the U.S. in the first place…
- Musician arrested amid Philip Seymour Hoffman death probe seeks treatment (newsday.com)
- We Can Reduce the Heroin Death Toll – But It Means Leaving the Drug War Behind (alternet.org)
- 3 arrested after Philip Seymour Hoffman death plead not guilty to drug charges (fox4kc.com)
- 3 arrested after Philip Seymour Hoffman death plead not guilty (fox6now.com)
- Philip Seymour Hoffman’s Accused Heroin Dealer Connected To Other Dead Celebrity Drug Users! (perezhilton.com)
- Suspected Philip Seymour Hoffman Heroin Dealer Seeks Treatment For Addiction (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- ‘Addiction Is No Respecter of Persons’: Will Self on Philip Seymour Hoffman’s Demise (jrbenjamin.com)
- NY man arrested amid Hoffman probe seeks treatment (metronews.ca)
- NY man arrested amid Hoffman probe seeks treatment (utsandiego.com)
- 3 arrested after Philip Seymour Hoffman death plead not guilty to drug charges (kdvr.com)