Regulation Migration: Gun Companies Continue to Move Operations to Southern StatesPosted: February 18, 2014
AWRHawkins reports: What started as a slow trickle when American Tactical Imports (ATI) and PTR moved from the northeast to South Carolina, has now become an all out surge with Magpul Industries leaving Colorado, Beretta leaving Maryland for Tennessee, and Remington acquiring a 500,000 square ft. facility in Alabama.
As Breitbart News previously reported, Governor Andrew Cuomo‘s (D) SAFE Act drove ATI from New York in October while Governor Dannel Malloy‘s (D) draconian gun control drove PTR from Connecticut in June.
In early 2013 Magpul made it clear they were leaving Colorado if the state’s Democrat legislators passed a ban on “high capacity” magazines. The legislators passed the ban anyway, and on January 2, 2014 Breitbart News reported that Magpul was moving manufacturing to Wyoming and its corporate headquarters to Texas.
Magpul’s Duane Liptak, Jr., told Breitbart News that Texas and Wyoming both had something his company craved–“strong cultures of personal responsibility, self reliance and individual liberty.”
Beretta was looking intently at Virginia until Governor Terry McAuliffe (D) was elected on promises of more gun control. They quickly marked the Old Dominion off their short list and chose Tennessee instead, where Governor Bill Haslam (R) greeted them with open arms.
Beretta Executive Vice President Franco Gussalli Beretta went out of his way to explain how “Haslam and his economic team did an excellent job of demonstrating the benefits of doing business in Tennessee.”
And then came Remington, the arms maker that has been making firearms in Ilion, NY since 1816…
Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter @AWRHawkins
- Gun Companies Continue to Abandon North for Pro-Gun South (thenewsdoctors.com)
- Remington Arms running from anti-gun New York, taking 2,000 jobs to Alabama (bizpacreview.com)
- Remington Goes South (lewrockwell.com)
- Gun manufacturer Magpul to officially relocate to Texas and Wyoming (redalertpolitics.com)
- Beretta USA Chooses Tennessee for New Factory Site (breitbart.com)
- Gunmaker To Move Out Of New York (wealthydebates.com)
- Remington Arms running from anti-gun New York, taking 2,000 jobs to Alabama (tomohalloran.com)
- Gunmaker Makes Good on Getting Out of Colorado (dailyfinance.com)
- New Remington facility to create 2,000 jobs in Huntsville, Ala. (twitchy.com)
- Top Union Official Blames Remington Arms Alabama Expansion on NY State’s New Gun Laws (thegatewaypundit.com)