[VIDEO] Awkward silence Falls upon Dem Lawmakers when Constituents Ask about Obamacare, Laughter Ensues…Posted: February 21, 2014 | |
From Red Alert Politics, Melissa Quinn reports: Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz must have forgotten to share her talking points with a trio of Minnesota Democrats asked about the Obamacare train wreck, as their only response to constituents about the failing law was awkward silence.
Members of Minnesota’s delegation, including Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D) and Reps. Tim Walz (D) and Collin Peterson (D), gathered for an agricultural symposium at South Central College in North Mankato, Minn. Though the trio addressed issues surrounding the recently passed farm bill, they also fielded questions about the Affordable Care Act. And one left the Democrats speechless. Watch:
“I thought the Affordable Healthcare Act would save $2,500 per family,” an attendee asked. “What happened?”
A silence quickly fell over the room as Klobuchar and Walz exchanged nervous glances. The audience then burst out laughing…
Peterson quickly stepped in, saying he voted “no” on the bill in the first place and passed the buck to his colleagues.
“I’ll let these guys handle that,” he said as the crowd applauded.
In response, Klobuchar and Walz recognized the issues surrounding the law, including an increase in premiums and cancelled policies, and affirmed that they were working to fix it…
- Video: Dems stunned into silence, laughed at over Obamacare (bizpacreview.com)
- Minnesota: Three Dems try to explain Obamacare, one succeeds #MN01 #MN07 (conservativeintel.com)
- VIDEO: Obamacare question creates awkward moment for Klobuchar, Peterson and Walz (blogs.mprnews.org)
- Minnesota Democrats Think It’s High-Larious that Obamacare Hasn’t Brought Insurance Costs Down, as Promised (pjmedia.com)
- Dem Lawmakers Laugh at Constituent’s ObamaCare Question (breitbart.com)
- Minnesota Dems Think Question On Cost Of Obamacare Is Funny (lonelyconservative.com)
- Minnesota Dems Laugh When Asked Why Obamacare Doesn’t Save Families Money Like Obama Promised… (weaselzippers.us)
- MN Dems Laugh When Asked Why Obamacare Doesn’t Save Families Money (tomfernandez28.com)
- Minn. Dems Pass Off Mic at Obamacare Town Hall (nationalreview.com)
- Watch as Citizen Asks Minnesota Democrats Very Simple Obamacare Question (gopthedailydose.com)