Uninsured Opposition to Obamacare Reaches All-Time HighPosted: February 26, 2014 | |
Sarah Hurtubise writes: Americans without health insurance have never seen Obamacare is such a negative light.
“The Obama administration’s outreach efforts to educate the uninsured on Obamacare also appear to be falling flat.”
The percentage of uninsured with a positive view reached its lowest point since Kaiser began tracking reactions in March 2010 when Obamacare was passed into law. Just 22 percent of uninsured Americans have a generally favorable opinion about the law.
This pessimistic outlook isn’t all that surprising. Health industry experts have found that exchanges are more often than not selling coverage to those that were previously insured. According to reports, majority of exchange customers either had their previous coverage cancelled due to Obamacare regulations or switched over willingly to access premium subsidies.
The Obama administration’s outreach efforts to educate the uninsured on Obamacare also appear to be falling flat. Just 24 percent of the uninsured population were able to cite March 31 as the last day to purchase coverage on health care exchanges, and just 12 percent believe they know “a lot” about the Obamacare exchanges.
Sixty-three percent of uninsured respondents said they either knew nothing at all or only a little about the new health insurance marketplaces.
Fifty-one percent of the public at large prefers health insurance plans that may cost more money but cover a “broader range of doctors and hospitals,” compared to 37 percent that prefer a cheaper plan with fewer options….Read the rest >>
- Kaiser: 76% of Uninsured Americans Unaware of Obamacare Sign Up Deadline (hapblog.com)
- Most view Obamacare unfavorably, but want it kept – and improved (blogs.marketwatch.com)
- The Uninsured Are Turning Against Obamacare. That’s A Problem (huffingtonpost.com)
- Many Americans open to narrow doctor networks in Obamacare (latimes.com)
- Obamacare Enrollment Reaches 4 Million (news.health.com)
- Obamacare Enrollment Reaches 4 Million (health.usnews.com)
- Inside The Final Sprint To Enroll The Uninsured Under Obamacare (thinkprogress.org)
- Unfavorable Views of Obamacare Grow Amongst the Uninsured (reason.com)
- Poll: Obamacare unpopular as ever – especially among uninsured (dailycaller.com)
- Obamacare applicants focus on cost, not wide choice of doctors: Poll (nj.com)