Voter Fraud in the HeartlandPosted: February 26, 2014
Iowa Refers 80 Cases of Voter Fraud to Prosecutors
Ignoring the fact that voter ID laws were declared constitutional in a 2006 Supreme Court decision written by John Paul Stevens, the Court’s then most liberal justice, Biden is continuing the fact-free assault on anti-voter fraud measures.
“…five people have pleaded guilty to voter fraud and 15 others are facing charges….”
When such laws aren’t “hateful” they are “unnecessary.” The Brennan Center for Justice says “voter fraud is essentially irrational” so it almost never happens. Voter fraud is so rare “you’re more likely to get hit by lightning than find a case of prosecutorial voter fraud,” insists Judith Browne-Dianis, co-director of the liberal Advancement Project.
Well, the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation disagrees. Not a state known for its hateful politics, Iowa’s DCI wrapped up its investigation this month and has referred more than 80 cases of voter fraud to county attorneys for possible prosecution. Since the investigation was initiated by GOP Secretary of State Matt Schultz a year and a half ago, five people have pleaded guilty to voter fraud and 15 others are facing charges.
Iowa governor Terry Branstad told IowaWatch.com that such investigations cut down on voter fraud because they increase the risks for perpetrators. “By people knowing that there is going to be an investigation and scrutiny of people that vote illegally, it serves as a deterrent to voter fraud,” he said. The number of races for Iowa’s legislature that have been decided by fewer than 100 votes has grown. A full ten races have involved margins of less than 50 votes since 2008… Read the rest…
- I believe that if voter fraud had not occurred in 2012 Mitt Romney would be our President. There are numerous proven cases of voter fraud at the hands of liberal Democrats, especially in battleground states like Ohio. Democrats can’t win elections without (powderedwigsociety.com)
- Biden: New voter ID laws tied to ‘hatred’ (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Biden: New Voter I.D. Laws ‘Malarkey’ That Demonstrate ‘Hatred’ Of Black People By Republicans (patdollard.com)
- Secretary of State asks for state funding of voter fraud investigations (radioiowa.com)
- Iowa voter fraud investigation concludes; 80 additional cases referred to prosecutors (blogs.desmoinesregister.com)
- 80 more voting cases sent to Iowa prosecutors (mysanantonio.com)
- APNewsBreak: Database not key to Iowa voting probe (siouxcityjournal.com)
- 80 potential voter fraud cases in Iowa being reviewed – KWWL (coralvillecourier.typepad.com)
- 80 more voting cases sent to Iowa prosecutors (siouxcityjournal.com)
- Nothing wrong with stopping voter fraud (thegazette.com)