Quote of the Day: George LopezPosted: February 28, 2014 Filed under: Entertainment, Food & Drink | Tags: Arrest, Associated Press, Caesars Windsor, Casino, George Lopez, Lopez, Ontario, Public intoxication, Public space, TMZ (website) 2 Comments
“…I was trying to sleep it off, unfortunately, it was on the casino floor.”
Comedian George Lopez was arrested at Caesars Windsor Thursday night.
The scary thing is, I recognize the pattern of that carpet. If it’s like the Ceasar’s in Vegas, I recall it’s pretty comfortable, and inviting. Who hasn’t slept one off on a Casino floor? Since when is that cause for arrest? Anyone who’s been to Ceasar’s understands that George didn’t do anything worth involving law enforcement. Maybe things are different in Ontario. If it was Las Vegas? We wouldn’t be reading about it. What happens in Ontario apparently doesn’t stay in Ontario.
The Associated Press reports: Provincial police say officers stationed at the casino in Ontario arrested Lopez for allegedly being intoxicated in a public place, then turned him over to local police. Windsor police say only that a man was arrested at the casino but later released with no charges laid.
..Lopez says in a statement via his publicist, Ina Treciokas: “Tied one on last night. Not feeling great this morning. I was trying to sleep it off, unfortunately, it was on the casino floor.”
Associated Press–Comic arrested for intoxication
- Show goes on for George Lopez despite arrest (metronews.ca)
- Comedian George Lopez arrested at Caesars Windsor (blogs.windsorstar.com)
- Comedian George Lopez arrested at Windsor, Ont. casino (ctvnews.ca)
- Comedian George Lopez arrested for public intoxication in Canada (upi.com)
- George Lopez on passing out drunk: ‘I tied one on last night’ (latimes.com)
- George Lopez Arrested in Canadian Casino For Public Intoxication (americanlivewire.com)
- George Lopez Arrested For Public Intoxication (contactmusic.com)
- George Lopez Arrested In Canadian Casino For Public Intoxication (radaronline.com)
LOL! I love honest celebrities. There’s something refreshing about that kind of humility.
[…] Quote of the Day: George Lopez […]