Ruled Accidental: Hoffman Died From Toxic Overdose of Drugs, Medical Examiner ReportsPosted: February 28, 2014 | |
Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman died from a toxic mix of drugs including heroin, cocaine, benzodiazepines and amphetamine, the medical examiner’s office has determined.
The medical examiner also ruled Hoffman’s death an accident.
The 46-year-old Oscar-winning actor died Feb. 2 at his West Village home of an apparent heroin overdose.
Hoffman was found with a syringe in his arm and dozens of packets of heroin in his apartment.
Hoffman spoke candidly over the years about past struggles with drug addiction. After 23 years sober, the versatile actor reportedly checked himself into rehab for 10 days last year after relapsing in 2012.
- Breaking News: Hoffman died from ‘toxic drugs mix’ (crosbyherald.co.uk)
- Official: Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman died of toxic mix of drugs (timesfreepress.com)
- Official: Actor Hoffman died of toxic mix of drugs (TBO.com)
- Philip Seymour Hoffman’s Cause Of Death A Toxic Mix Of Heroin And Other Drugs (huffingtonpost.com)
- Philip Seymour Hoffman died from toxic drug cocktail: officials (globalnews.ca)
- Seymour Hoffman Died of Toxic Drug Mix (entertainment.time.com)
- Hoffman Died of Toxic Mix of Drugs (nbcmiami.com)