Code Pink Founder Jailed in Egypt, Claims Police Broke Her ArmPosted: March 4, 2014
Medea Benjamin of Code Pink announced on twitter last night that she had been jailed by Egyptian police as she was on her way leading a group of activists to “Hamas-lead” Gaza traveling via Cairo. This morning she tweeted that the Egyptian Police had broken her arm.
Code Pink had worked with the Muslim Brotherhood to over throw Egypt’s former President Mubarak. The current government of Egypt has declared the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization after Brotherhood leader Morsi was removed from the presidency. Perhaps that is why Benjamin was detained.
Last night her twitter feed read:
Help. They broke my arm. Egypt police
— Medea Benjamin (@medeabenjamin) March 4, 2014
(see more of the feed at Breitbart.com) It’s unclear how Benjamin is tweeting with a broken arm, or allowed to tweet at all from her Egyptian jail cell.
Breitbart.com – Medea Benjamin Jailed in Egypt
- This Is Splendid News!!!! (antzinpantz.wordpress.com)
- CODE PINK LEADER Medea Benjamin Attacked By Egyptian Police, Then Deported to Turkey (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Code Pink Founder Medea Benjamin Jailed in Cairo (iowntheworld.com)
- Code Pink’s Medea Benjamin Jailed In Egypt (thenewsdoctors.com)
- Egypt deports CodePink anti-war activist Medea Benjamin after police break her arm (rawstory.com)
- Code Pink’s Medea Benjamin Jailed In Egypt (breitbart.com)
- Jewess Founder of “Code Pink” Arrested for Subversion in Egypt (dailystormer.com)
- Breaking: Far Left Code Pink Founder Jailed in Cairo (thegatewaypundit.com)
- U.S. activist pleads for help from Egypt jail cell (cbsnews.com)