That’s So Fetch! Rejoice, Tina Fey Fans: Mean Girls Reunion IS HAPPENING, Says TMZPosted: March 11, 2014
Note: Mean Girls is not just a chick movie. Along with rare smart-fluff stealth-comedy classics like Legally Blonde, Lots of guys dig it, too. Why? Tina Fey. It’s Tina Fey’s movie writing/directing debut, and it’s a pop-culture time capsule. Though Lohan is its star character, her fellow cast members–particularly Rachel McAdams and Amanda Seyfried–rocketed to fame, whooshing right past the fading Lohan. (It’s also the last movie where Lohan looked healthy and promising) The abundance of ensemble talent in Mean Girls helps make it an enduring favorite.
FYI, 2014 is the 10th anniversary of the film’s release — and sources tell us, co-writer Tina Fey has been leading the charge for a reunion to commemorate the occasion … wrangling the entire cast over the last month.
And Lindsay was apparently the last to know about it — she went on “Fallon” Thursday talking about how she had just run into Tina who mentioned the reunion idea to her … and Lindsay was into it.
It’s unclear how the reunion will come together — Jimmy suggested hosting it on his show — but we’re told it could also materialize as a comedy sketch … maybe on an awards show…
Sources close to Tina tell us, several prominent cast members are already on board…Read the rest>>>
[Which character in Mean Girls is now the co-star of Masters of Sex? Actress Lizzy Caplan, who plays Cady‘s bitter friend Janis Ian, plays pioneering sex researcher Virginia Johnson, in a classic geek-turned-sex-bomb transformation]
- Lindsay Lohan Says Tina Fey is Planning a ‘Mean Girls’ Reunion! (justjared.com)
- Mean Girls Reunion In the Works (kontrolgirl.com)
- Lindsay Lohan Hints At Talks With Tina Fey About “Mean Girls” Reunion (contactmusic.com)
- ‘Mean Girls’ — Reunion Is Happening (tmz.com)
- Lindsay Lohan Says Tina Fey is Planning a ‘Mean Girls’ Reunion! (thenotablemale.com)
- Tina Fey: No To ‘Mean Girls’ Reunion, Yes To Hot Wings – ARTICLE (entertainably.com)
- IMPORTANT: Tina Fey Is Trying To Organize A “Mean Girls” Reunion (buzzfeed.com)
- Mean Girls: Tina Fey and Lindsay Lohan Planning Reunion? (ibtimes.co.uk)
- Mean Girls Reunion: Coming in 2014! (thehollywoodgossip.com)