Paul Krugman Explains Racism: Why Evidence and Facts Don’t MatterPosted: March 17, 2014 | |
Extra Credit: Ian Haney López hears the pig-whistle signal calling him to join his fellow postmodern backwoods knuckle-dragging academic goons at the Republican-bashing Picnic. (and according to reports, he brought a delicious potato salad) don’t miss Ian’s Paul Ryan-smearing indictment “Is Paul Ryan Racist?”
Excellent question. Is Paul Ryan a racist? At the risk of giving away the surprise ending, the answer is yes! How did he reach this conclusion? Like this: Paul Ryan, by “employing rhetoric closely connected to…” (rhetoric used by alleged racists) Ryan demonstrates that he is, in fact, a racist. That, and that Ryan sinks when you dunk him in water.
Note the weasel language Lopez includes near the end, where he distances himself from accountability for his
shameless race-baiting smears questionable evaluation of Rep Paul Ryan, in this disclaimer:
“…Of course, an individual’s mindset in any particular instance is almost impossible to know. We cannot be certain what Ryan intended. Nevertheless, there’s no doubt that Ryan employed rhetoric closely connected to…”
Don’t try this at home. Only skilled snake handlers and book authors–using a super-secret racism-determining formula that only shamans, ghost busters, priests, and grievance-mongering academics can decode–have the qualifications required to evaluate the data, and identify actual racists.
López recently appeared on Moyers & Company to promote his
race-baiting-smear book thoughtful exploration of social issues, Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class.
- Interview: Economist & NYT Columnist Paul Krugman (fora.tv)
- Links for 3-17-14 (economistsview.typepad.com)
- Paul Krugman hits Paul Ryan for using a “racial dog-whistle” (thedailyblogreport.wordpress.com)
- Welfare, entitlements and race: The old Republican dog whistle (arktimes.com)
- Op-Ed Columnist: That Old-Time Whistle (rss.nytimes.com)
- Ryan, racism and that other “r” word: Republican (prairieweather.typepad.com)
- Paul Krugman Calls Out Paul Ryan For Using A “Racial Dog-Whistle” (publichealthwatch.wordpress.com)
- Paul Krugman Net Worth (celebritynetworth.com)