[Video] Footage Captures the Moment Federal Agents Storm California Gun Parts StorePosted: March 17, 2014
Federal agents on Saturday executed a search warrant on a gun parts store in California, despite the store owner filing a temporary restraining order against their agency.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives had demanded thatDimitri Karras, the CEO of Ares Armor in National City, Calif., turn over the names of nearly 5,000 customers who had purchased an 80 percent lower receiver that reportedly failed to meet ATF specifications.
“Searching is fun! Paper work sucks.”
— ATF Agent
Karras, a former U.S. Marine, agreed to turn over the receivers, but refused to reveal the names of his customers. He then filed the restraining order.
Federal agents responded by obtaining an ex parte order, meaning they did it without Ares being present, giving them permission to execute a “lawful search.”
The ATF “is conducting a lawful criminal investigation of the illegal manufacture, distribution, sale, and possession of AR-15 variant lower receivers, which are considered firearms under the Firearms Control Act,” the federal agency said in its ex parte application, dated Friday.
Here’s more amateur video of the search:
It’s worth noting that the ATF application refers to the receivers in question as “firearms,” which would seem to be an incorrect application of the term. Outgoing Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) introduced a bill last August that would define 80 percent lower receivers as “firearms,” but the legislation has not passed.
“The ATF did execute a search warrant against all of our buildings today. None of our employees have been detained or arrested. We will be open for business tomorrow,” Karras said Friday in a Facebook post. “We will be back up and shipping out orders on Monday…Read the rest…
- Police State America: Footage Captures Federal Agents Storming Calif. Gun Parts Store (dailystormer.com)
- Footage Captures the Moment Federal Agents Storm California Gun Parts Store (dirtywhitegoy247.wordpress.com)
- VIDEO: Obama’s ATF Breaks Into Gun Store, Steals On Customer Information (americanoverlook.com)
- California gun store owner refuses to give ATF his customer list (fox4kc.com)
- Gun store refuses to turn over customer list to federal officials (kfor.com)
- Gun store thanks supporters after raid: ‘We’re not down on our knees begging for mercy’ (bizpacreview.com)
- Ares Armor raided by ATF after restraining order overruled (VIDEO) (guns.com)
- California Gun Parts Manufacturer Files Restraining Order Against ATF, Halting Raid (patdollard.com)
- Calif. gun store owner to feds: No, you can’t have my customer list (dailycaller.com)