Priorities: Politico Buries Senator Leland Yee’s Arms Trafficking ScandalPosted: March 27, 2014
My only complaint about Breitbart.com‘s fixation with Politico.com‘s news coverage is its assumption that anyone thinks Politico is relevant in the first place. A search in Breitbart.com’s site reveals 9,240 references to Politico. 9,240, really?
Breitbart.com‘s Warner Todd Huston writes: The world of political news was captivated by Thursday’s report of the arrest for gun trafficking of a famously anti-gun California state senator. Yet while most other news outlets reported the incident, Politico, an outlet that supposedly leads the nation in political news, didn’t post a single story on the incident the day the news broke.
“The story is quite a shocking one, too. During an investigation, Yee is accused of telling an undercover FBI agent that he would spend as much as $2.5 million on automatic, “shoulder-fired” weapons…”
California State Senator Leland Yee (D-San Francisco) made a name for himself by becoming one of the most virulently anti-gun legislators in a state filled with anti-gun legislators. On March 27, news broke that Yee had been arrested for corruption the day before. He wasn’t just arrested for run-of-the-mill corruption, either. He was arrested under charges of attempting to actually supply guns to local gangs.
Now, one would think that this would be big, big political news… In fact, nearly every other news agency in the nation dutifully reported on Yee’s arrest. But a March 27 search of the name “Leland Yee” on Politico’s website found only one recent entry: a mere blurb in the Politico Huddle, a compilation of the day’s news stories.
Within that article, Yee’s story comes after ten other items–and fails to mention arms trafficking, the most sensational charges he faces. Politico’s Scott Wong only mentions “bribery and corruption charges,” and he does not link to an outside article with more detail on the case.
A search of Google shows no other coverage of the story from Politico.
The story is quite a shocking one, too. During an investigation, Yee is accused of telling an undercover FBI agent that he would spend as much as $2.5 million on automatic, “shoulder-fired” weapons….Read more….
Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston
- Gun Control Freak Leland Yee Charged With Illegal Arms Trafficking (downtrend.com)
- Oh No, Leland Yee: He Pulled Out Of Secretary Of State Race (sfist.com)
- Senator Leland Yee Charged in Gun Trafficking Scandal (ireport.cnn.com)
- Gun-Grabbing CA Democrat Leland Yee Charged With Arms Trafficking (bearingarms.com)
- Boxer, Feinstein Join Calls For Leland Yee To Resign (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- CA Democrat State Senator Leland Yee Indicted on Arms Trafficking & Public Corruption Charges (stateofglobe.com)
- Senator Bob Huff Introduces Resolution Calling for Leland Yee’s Suspension (blogs.sfweekly.com)
- Asian American California state senator Leland Yee who voted for assault weapons ban indicted for arms trafficking. (europeandailynews.org)
- California Sen. Leland Yee Accused Of Corruption (newsy.com)