CNN: Blowing SmokePosted: March 29, 2014
@TheINDYpundit It’s in line with us covering state senators & state secretary of state races just about never. You see another conspiracy?
— CNN.com Writers (@CNNWriters) March 28, 2014
Shameless. Breitbart has coverage:
CNN dismissed complaints that the network was not covering last week’s shocking arrest of Democrat Leland Yee, the California state senator who was arrested for alleged arms trafficking and bribery, and falsely asserted that it does not give attention to state senators.
That standard did not apply to Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis, whom CNN covered relentlessly. This was long before she even considered a gubernatorial run after filibustering a bill to ban abortions after 20 weeks and make those conducted before then safer.
Viewers and readers on Friday complained that the network, just like Politico, was not reporting or discussing Yee’s scandal online, and the official and verified @CNNWriters account tweeted to one critic that ignoring Yee’s arrest was standard practice. (read more here)
- Twitter user tips off CNN writers to Sen. Leland Yee’s arrest on gun trafficking charges (twitchy.com)
- CNN’s Big Important National News Team Doesn’t Cover Every Single Stupid Little Story, You Peons (therightscoop.com)
- Leland Yee Blackout: CNN Claims They Cover State Senators ‘About Never’ (thenewsdoctors.com)
- Geraldo: ‘Undeniable’ Mainstream Media Ignoring Corrupt Democrat Party Affiliations (dailysurge.com)
- CNN On Why They’re Ignoring Leland Yee Story: We Don’t Cover State Senator Stuff (weaselzippers.us)
- Priorities: Politico Buries Senator Leland Yee’s Arms Trafficking Scandal (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- ‘Just a local crime story’? CNN.com search engine users not finding news about Leland Yee arrest (twitchy.com)
- Politico Buries Senator Leland Yee’s Arms Trafficking Scandal (thenewsdoctors.com)