[VIDEO] Joanne Milne’s Implants are Turned On and She Hears for the First TimePosted: March 29, 2014 | |
For those who haven’t seen this yet, it’s an amazing moment, captured.
Birmingham Mail reports:
This video shows the touching moment a 40-year-old woman hears for the first time thanks to medics at Birmingham’s Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
Joanne Milne – who suffers from the rare condition Usher Syndrome – was filmed by her mother as her life-changing cochlear implants were switched on by doctors.
The 39-year-old, from Gateshead in the North East, became overwhelmed with emotion and burst into tears after the audiology specialist at QEHB recited the days of the week.
Joanne, who also lost her sight to the condition in her mid-20s, had to wait several weeks following the operation before her implants were switched on.
The video capturing the switch-on shows Joanne breaking down as she becomes overwhelmed with emotion has received almost 10,000 hits.
Her mother, Ann, said: “I wanted to record the moment when her implants were switched on.
“It was just wonderful and I had tears running down my face. We all did… (read more here)
— Lauren Laverne (@laurenlaverne) March 26, 2014
- This Woman Was Born Deaf. Watch What Happens When Her Cochlear Implants Are Turned On (iacknowledge.net)
- Cochlear Implant Helps Her Hear Sound for the First Time (medindia.net)
- Video shows 39yo cochlear implant recipient hearing for the first time (abc.net.au)
- Deaf woman’s shock as she hears for first time (ohifront.wordpress.com)
- What is Joy? The Amazing Moment Joanne Milne Hears for the First Time (Video) (strangesounds.org)
- The Most Wonderful Video You’ll See Today (cato.org)
- Watch: Tearful moment deaf woman hears for the first time caught on video (descrier.co.uk)
- Woman (40) overjoyed as she hears for first time since birth (irishtimes.com)