Oops! Obama Admin Released Tens of Thousands of Illegal Immigrant CriminalsPosted: March 31, 2014
“The preponderance of the evidence demonstrates that immigration enforcement in America has collapsed…”
— Senator Jeff Sessions
The report, provided to Breitbart News ahead of its late Sunday evening release, reviews internal Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) metrics to conclude that the Obama administration released 35 percent—or 68,000—convicted criminal aliens back into the U.S. general population when they could have been deported. “The criminal alien releases typically occur without formal notice to local law enforcement agencies and victims,” CIS’s Jessica Vaughan, the report’s author, added.
“…American citizens have a legal and moral right to the protections our immigration laws afford – at the border, the interior and the workplace…”
By “criminal,” ICE means people who have been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony that is not a traffic violation. For instance, traffic violations like Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or even vehicular manslaughter do not count toward this description of “criminal alien.” As for the definition of “alien,” ICE mostly means illegal aliens, though some are legal aliens when they are considered deportable legal aliens—which is possible for legal immigrants who have committed a serious crime, like a felony.
“…The administration has stripped these protections and adopted a government policy that encourages new arrivals to enter illegally or overstay visas by advertising immunity from future enforcement. “
The documents also show ICE only deported a small fraction of the aliens they encountered overall.
“In 2013, ICE targeted only 195,000, or 25 percent, out of 722,000 potentially deportable aliens they encountered,” CIS’s Vaughan wrote. “Most of these aliens came to ICE’s attention after incarceration for a local arrest.”
This report comes out on the heels of a report from the office of Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) last week which found that only .08 percent of the aliens deported in 2013 were not serial immigration law violators or convicted of serious crimes.
In response to these findings from CIS that follow up on his office’s report last week, Sessions said immigration law in America has essentially ceased to exist.
“The preponderance of the evidence demonstrates that immigration enforcement in America has collapsed,” Sessions said. “Even those with criminal convictions are being released. DHS is a department in crisis. Secretary [Jeh] Johnson must reject the President’s demands to weaken enforcement further and tell him that his duty, and his officers’ duty, is to enforce the law – not break it. As Homeland Secretary, Mr. Johnson is tasked with ensuring the public safety and the rule of law. But Secretary Johnson is not meeting these duties.”
The CIS report also contains a breakdown per city of percentages of criminal aliens who were released back into the population….read more….
- Criminal Administration: Obama Admin Released Tens of Thousands of Illegal Immigrant Criminals (ninetymilesfromtyranny.blogspot.com)
- ICE, ICE Baby: Obama Admin Released 68,000 Illegal Immigrant Criminals to Roam the Streets of America (girlsjustwannahaveguns.com)
- Report: Obama Admin Released Tens Of Thousands Of Illegal Immigrant Criminals (joemiller.us)
- Did You Know That 68,000 Illegal Aliens Who’ve Been Convicted of Misdemeanors & Felonies Have Been Released Back into the U.S. Population Instead of Being Deported in 2013 Alone? (libertynews.com)
- Barry’s Homeland Security caught Releasing “Tens of Thousands of Illegal Immigrant Criminals”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (patriotaction.net)
- Obama Released Tens of Thousands of Illegal Immigrant Criminals (patriotnetdaily.com)
- Report Shows Obama Administration Released 68,000 Convicted Criminal Aliens Inside US Last Year (conservativeinfidel.com)
- Obama Administration Letting Criminal Immigrants Go Free (godfatherpolitics.com)
- Thanks to Obama admin:In 2013 almost 70K illegals with criminal convictions released back into U.S. (canadafreepress.com)
- Obama Regime Released 68,000 Convicted Criminal Aliens In 2013 (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)