Reality Check: Obamacare Real Enrollment: Just 1.7% of Uninsured CoveredPosted: March 31, 2014 | |
Breitbart.com‘s Wynton Hall reports: Obamacare, the plan purportedly created to provide health coverage for the uninsured, has enrolled just 1.7% of America’s 48.6 million uninsured.
News of the disastrous numbers comes as nervous Democrats and President Barack Obama, ahead of the November midterm elections, did their best on Monday’s enrollment deadline to put a positive spin on the deeply unpopular Obamacare program. The latest Associated Press poll finds that Obamacare has now hit an all-time low approval rating of just 26 percent.
“…the official HHS numbers still include duplicate enrollments.”
— Washington Post columnist Ed Rogers
The White House now claims an Obamacare enrollment figure of six million people. However, according to The New York Times, at least 20% of those never paid their premiums to activate coverage, leaving them uninsured. That drops the number down to 4.8 million.
Americans head to the polls in 218 days.
Next, as Washington Post columnist Ed Rogers notes, “the official HHS numbers still include duplicate enrollments.” No one knows how many duplicate enrollments are in the stack; the White House refuses to say. However, given the disastrous Obamacare website failures, it is reasonable to imagine that the pile is riddled with numerous “false start” applications.
That leaves the most important question: How many people are gaining insurance who were previously uninsured? After all, that was the stated reason for Obamacare in the first place. McKinsey & Co. says that only 27% of those who have picked a plan through Obamacare were previously uninsured.
Moreover, McKinsey says these individuals have an unusually high rate of failing to pay their first month’s premium. “Only 53 percent of them had paid their first premium, compared with 86 percent of the previously insured,” reports CNBC….read more….
- Obamacare Real Enrollment: Just 1.7% of Uninsured Covered (tomfernandez28.com)
- (JUST IN) Obamacare Real Enrollment: Just 1.7% of Uninsured Covered (redflagnews.com)
- Healthcare Expert: Obamacare Hasn’t Put a Dent in Number of Uninsured (bighealthreport.com)
- Healthcare Expert: Obamacare Hasn’t Put a Dent in Number of Uninsured (gopthedailydose.com)
- Due To Obamacare, Nearly 10 Million Previously Uninsured Americans Now Have Coverage (politicususa.com)
- How many people have really enrolled for Obamacare? (medcitynews.com)