BREAKING: MSNBC Purchases Morning Jolt Newsletter From National Review in Six-Figure DealPosted: April 1, 2014
From my inbox, NRO‘s Jim Geraghty writes: Readers, you may have noticed commercials for MSNBC‘s Morning Joe program, hosted by Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski, touting the program as a Morning Jolt.™ That branding effort was, in fact, an early promotion for MSNBC and NBCUniversal‘s effort to diversify its morning news assets. Last night that effort took a dramatic step forward — with an additional bit of leaning forward — as NBCUniversal finalized its purchase of the Morning Jolt™ newsletter from National Review, Inc.
In exchange, National Review, Inc. received an undisclosed sum, as well as a second round draft pick in this year’s National Media Pundit Draft, held May 8-10 at Radio City Music Hall in New York City….
- Morning Jolt – The Indispensable Newsletter (sago.com)
- Mika Brzezinski Flips Out As MSNBC Airs Another MH370 Non-Story (business2community.com)
- MSNBC’s ‘Morning Joe’: Like one big incestuous family (dailycaller.com)
- Mika Brzezinski Flips Out As MSNBC Airs Another MH370 Non-Story (socialnewsdaily.com)
- Dana Perino Endorses Jim Geraghty’s Morning Jolt (Video) (leehernly.me)
- MSNBC Host Mika Brzezinski Says She’s “Lucky” To Get Paid Half As Much As Her Male Co-Host… (weaselzippers.us)
- Finally, cable news with a brain … or at least half of one (gormanb3.wordpress.com)
- Scarborough: ‘I’m somehow a RINO because I’m being the Cassandra here!’ (nationalreview.com)