Memo To Clueless Democrats Crowing About Obama’s April 1st Deadline “Victory”: After Four Years and Millions of Sign-Ups, Obamacare Is Still UnpopularPosted: April 2, 2014 | |
Democrats have said people would learn to love the law once they saw how it would help them. Polls show the public doesn’t agree so far.
“If last fall’s round of cancellation letters wasn’t enough, another round is expected to go out this fall for letting small businesses know that they too can’t keep their plans.”
In March, nine nonpartisan polls were released, most showing opposition to the law over 50 percent with support barely cracking the low 40s. The only poll that shows support and opposition statistically tied is the most recent ABC/Washington Post poll. At this point it looks like an outlier. (That poll also shows their uptick in support coming almost exclusively from Democrats. Independents and Republicans remain largely unpersuaded.)
It hasn’t been an easy few months for the Affordable Care Act, which has seen a steady stream of setbacks and controversies as it has become a reality. First, there was the horribly botched roll-out of healthcare.gov that was acknowledged by President Obama even as late as Tuesday. Then, “if you like your plan, you can keep your plan” was debunked by millions of plan cancellation letters across the nation, leading the line to be named the Politifact “Lie of the Year” for 2013. Even beyond the federal health exchange, in some states, the exchanges were an even greater embarrassment. In Oregon, for instance, things were so bad that residents have been given another month-long extension to apply.
And that’s just where we’re at so far. The ad-hoc delays to various components of the law make it hard to keep up with what is being implemented now and what penalties will hit folks further down the road. “If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor” won’t necessarily be the case as networks shrink to keep costs down. If last fall’s round of cancellation letters wasn’t enough, another round is expected to go out this fall for letting small businesses know that they too can’t keep their plans….read more…
- Memo: Administration bungled Obamacare long before GOP had power to obstruct (askmarion.wordpress.com)
- Even doctors are clueless on Obamacare, poll finds (nbcnews.com)
- NBC/WSJ Poll: ObamaCare More Unpopular Than Ever (patdollard.com)
- Obamacare: More Unpopular Than Ever (grumpyelder.com)
- Pressure rises as deadline nears… (thehill.com)
- WSJ/NBC poll: ObamaCare now more unpopular than ever (hotair.com)
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat – Business Recorder (brecorder.com)
- Clueless Democrat Delegate still believes Obama’s promise that Americans can keep their insurance if they like it (twitchy.com)
- Obamacare: More Unpopular Than the Iraq War (powerlineblog.com)