FLASHBACK: 2009 Fort Hood Hero Kimberly Munley: Obama Betrayed Her, Other VictimsPosted: April 3, 2014
“We’ve asked for the incident to be reclassified from ‘workplace violence,’ of all things, to what it was, which was a terroristic attack.”
Munley, who was shot three times as she and her partner confronted the shooter, sat next to Michelle Obama during the president’s State of the Union address in 2010, and told ABC News that she believes the White House used her seating arrangement for political gain.
In November, on the third anniversary of the Fort Hood army base shooting, 148 victims and family members sued the government, alleging that the Defense Department dodged legal ramifications by classifying the shootings as “workplace violence” rather than a terrorist attack, the Associated Press reported.
The shooting victims allege that the “workplace violence” classification limits them from receiving the benefits they would otherwise receive if they had been injured in combat, according to the Associated Press.
“We’ve asked for the incident to be reclassified from ‘workplace violence,’ of all things, to what it was, which was a terroristic attack,” Munley said in the ABC News interview .
Munley urged that the victims who came together for this reclassification have “been denied several times.”
Munley, along with other victims of the Fort Hood shooting, will reportedly speak out against the president in an ABC News special airing ahead of Obama’s State of the Union address.
“We got tired of being neglected,” Munley said. “This is our last resort, and I’m not ashamed of it a bit.”
- Fort Hood Hero Says President Obama ‘Betrayed’ Her, Other Victims of Fort Hood Jihad (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Fort Hood Hero Says President Obama ‘Betrayed’ Her, Other Victims (grumpyelder.com)
- Fort Hood Terror Victims Betrayed By The White House (stevengoddard.wordpress.com)
- Injustice at Fort Hood – Daily Beast (thedailybeast.com)
- Nidal Hasan’s Murders Termed ‘Workplace Violence’ by U.S. (schnittshow.com)
- Obama Should Classify Fort Hood Attack As Act Of Terror (news.investors.com)
- Members of Congress Demand Obama Administration Classify Ft. Hood Attack as an ‘Act of Terrorism’ (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- DOD: Ft. Hood Massacre Likely ‘Criminal Act,’ Not International Terror (feeds.abcnews.com)