The Helpless, Pro-Death “Gun-Free Zone” Policy in the SpotlightPosted: April 3, 2014
Soldier at Fort Hood Purchased Handgun Off Base, Brought It into Gun-Free Zone
AWR Hawkins writes: Ivan Lopez, identified by authorities as the soldier who opened fire at Ft. Hood on April 2nd, purchased his handgun off base and brought it into the gun-free zone to commit his crime, according to a military officer.
During a nighttime press conference on April 2nd, Lt. General Mark Milley said the soldier used a .45 caliber Smith & Wesson handgun. If brought onto the base the gun was supposed to be “registered on the base;” however, Milley said, “this gun was not registered.”
Milley explained that the gunman was approached by a female officer after the shooting. He then pulled out the gun – which was concealed under his clothing – and took his own life. An unidentified reporter asked about rules regarding carrying concealed guns on base; Milley replied that carrying concealed guns was not allowed….read more…
Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at email@example.com.
- ‘Sons of Guns’ Star: Most Gun Control Supporters ‘Aren’t Knowledgeable’ (breitbart.com)
- Who is the Fort Hood gunman? (foxsanantonio.com)
- Pub Bans Guns, Refers to Those Who Carry as ‘Douchebags’ (breitbart.com)
- What we know about the Ft. Hood shooter (wyff4.com)
- Pastor Places AR-15 in Front of Altar During Gun Giveway (breitbart.com)
- Congressional Study: Murder Rate Plummets as Gun Ownership Soars (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Few Details on Fort Hood Shooter at this Time (gunwatch.blogspot.com)
- Memo: Fort Hood is a “Gun Free Zone” (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Has anyone heard anything about this “legal confiscation” concept yet? (nyfirearms.com)