Eric Holder Defends Using Justice Department Airplane for 27 Personal TripsPosted: April 4, 2014
Attorney General Eric Holder disputed a Government Accountability Office report on his use of Justice Department airplanes for personal trips, saying it overstated the number of trips he took and failed to recognize that some trips were job-related.
“My staff keeps telling me to take it easy, you know, well, this is one that gets me,” Holder told Rep. Frank Wolf, R-Va., during a House Appropriations subcommittee hearing. “There was this notion that we’ve taken — I think it was described as hundreds of personal trips. That was wrong. GAO counted flights, not round trips. And we looked at it and figured out from the time period that they were looking, we took not hundreds, but 27 personal, four combined — official and nonpersonal trips — and none of the trips that I took or that the [FBI] director took ever had an impact on the mission capability of those airplanes.”
Holder made the comment when asked if he would report those trips to the General Services Administration in the future.
“We didn’t have a reporting requirement that existed before,” he said. “If they want to change those rules, we’d be more than glad to make sure that we share that information with the appropriate organization, but this is something that is really wide open.”(read more)
- Eric Holder and the DOJ Have Spent Millions of Taxpayer Dollars on Unreported Personal Travel (a4cgr.wordpress.com)
- GAO says federal officials used government airplanes for personal trips (bizjournals.com)
- Chris Rabalais wrote a new post, Justice Department Looking Into High-Speed Trading (thenewsportseconomy.com)
- Eric Holder Has Spent Millions of Taxpayer Dollars on Unreported Personal Travel (silverdoctors.com)
- Eric Holder and the DOJ Have Spent Millions of Taxpayer Dollars on Unreported Personal Travel (redflagnews.com)
- How Much Did YOU Pay For AG Eric Holder’s Personal Flights? (americanoverlook.com)
- Eric Holder & DoJ Spent MILLIONS Of Taxpayer Dollars On Unreported Personal Travel (infiniteunknown.net)
- Watchdog says pricey trips on government jets went unreported (triblive.com)
- Attorney General Holder, FBI Director Mueller and Others Cost Taxpayers $7.8 Million for Personal Flights (chasvoice.blogspot.com)
- Austerity never actually occurred for the big shots in D.C……Eric Holder & DoJ Spent Millions Of Taxpayer Dollars On Unreported Personal Travel – – The agency that tracks federal travel did not report hundreds of personal and other “nonmission” trips (fredw-catharsisours.blogspot.com)