BREAKING: CIA Official Dead in Apparent SuicidePosted: April 5, 2014
Death did not take place at CIA headquarters
For The Washington Free Beacon, Bill Gertz reports: A senior CIA official has died in an apparent suicide this week from injuries sustained after jumping off a building in northern Virginia, according to sources close to the CIA.
CIA spokesman Christopher White confirmed the death and said the incident did not take place at CIA headquarters in McLean, Va.
“We can confirm that there was an individual fatally injured at a facility where agency work is done,” White told the Washington Free Beacon. “He was rushed to a local area hospital where he subsequently died. Due to privacy reasons and out of respect for the family, we are not releasing additional information at this time.”
A source close to the agency said the man who died was a middle manager and the incident occurred after the man jumped from the fifth floor a building in Fairfax County.
Many agency employees are known to work under stressful conditions and high stress is considered a part of the profession, for the three general types of employees: Intelligence analysts and support personnel, technical services operators, and members of the clandestine services, the agency’s elite spying branch.
The CIA is known to operate or rent space in a number of semi-secret locations in the country, including at least one high-rise building in Tysons Corner.
The agency also operates a number of top-secret facilities used by its clandestine service officers, including agency safe houses.
No other details of the death could be learned.
The agency is currently engaged in a high profile dispute with the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.
Sen. Diane Feinstein (D., Calif.), chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, has said the CIA has blocked efforts by the committee to investigate harsh interrogation of terrorists.
Committee staff members working at a CIA facility in Northern Virginia to investigate agency interrogation practices also have charged that the CIA covertly searched the agency’s computers that were being used in the investigation….read more…
- Morell Hurt CIA’s Reputation in Benghazi Hearing (counterjihadreport.com)
- Ex-CIA Chief: I Removed ‘Islamic’ from ‘Islamic Extremists’ in Benghazi Talking Points to Appease Muslims (redflagnews.com)
- Former Deputy CIA Director Michael Morell Testifies. We Get Bubkus. (fellowshipoftheminds.com)
- The CIA: Patriotic Guardian or Constitutional Nightmare? (ikesanvil.com)
- CIA lied to United States government and people about its torture (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- CIA misled on interrogation program, Senate report says (wikileaks-forum.com)
- Senate Report: CIA Misled Americans on Torture (readersupportednews.org)
- CIA Misled On Interrogation Program, Senate Report Says (counterinformation.wordpress.com)
- From Torture to Benghazi, CIA Faces Two-Front War by Congress – The Daily Beast (aboriginalpress.wordpress.com)
- CIA Chief: I Removed ‘Islamic’ from ‘Islamic Extremists’ in Benghazi Talking Points to Appease Muslims (creepingsharia.wordpress.com)