Hayden Faults Administration, Not CIA, on Benghazi Talking PointsPosted: April 6, 2014
For NRO, Eliana Johnson writes: Former deputy CIA director Michael Morell told the House Intelligence Committee this week that despite reports from the chief of station in Libya that no protests occurred outside the American diplomatic facility in Benghazi prior to the September 11, 2012, terrorist attack on it, he edited the administration’s talking points to include references to such protests.
His CIA analysts in Washington believed they had occurred, and the station chief, after all, was 500 miles away in Tripoli.
- CIA Station Chief Confirms No Protests Before Benghazi Attack (thesleuthjournal.com)
- New Benghazi Hearing: Former CIA Chief Mike Morell in the Hot Seat (heritage.org)
- Five Questions for Ex-CIA Acting Director Mike Morell from One Benghazi Victim’s Uncle (redflagnews.com)
- CIA officer confirmed no protests before misleading Benghazi account given (12160.info)
- Former deputy CIA director denies being part of politically driven Benghazi cover-up as his ties to Hillary Clinton are revealed (engineeringevil.com)
- CIA ignored station chief in Libya when creating talking points on Benghazi (washingtontimes.com)
- Ex-CIA boss Morell to face heavy questioning on Benghazi at Wednesday hearing (sgtreport.com)