Ana Trujillo Guilty in Stiletto MurderPosted: April 8, 2014
Trujillo briefly closed her eyes as the verdict was read, but showed little emotion. Her family, however, left the courtroom in tears.
The Houston trial gained international notoriety because of the weapon — a blue suede closed toe pump, size 9 with 5 inch heels.
Prosecutors alleged Trujillo, 45, fatally bludgeoned her boyfriend, Dr. Stefan Andersson, by hitting him in the head 25 times with the heel of her stiletto shoe.
Trujillo is a diminutive woman, her attorney Jack Carroll said in court, while her boyfriend was much bigger. When an argument allegedly broke out that night, and she tried to defend herself, she grabbed the closest weapon at hand — her high heel.
In a video of her police interrogation that was played at the trial, Trujillo told investigators her boyfriend had attacked her in a rage and that she had to defend herself.
While Trujillo said she fought back in self defense, the prosecution said she never once told the 911 dispatcher or police she was in danger.
“Self defense is only when you are in fear for your life. When did we hear that Ana was in fear for her life? Never,” the prosecutor said in closing arguments….(read more) ABC News
- Ana Trujillo Guilty in Houston’s ‘Stiletto Murder’ (thetrialdivas.com)
- Ana Trujillo Found Guilty of Killing Boyfriend with Stiletto Shoe (wwgp1050.com)
- Stiletto Killing Case Ends With Murder Conviction (time.com)
- Houston woman found guilty of killing boyfriend with stiletto (wfaa.com)
- Stiletto Heel Killer Guilty Of Murdering Lover (news.sky.com)
- Jury Convicts Woman in Texas Stiletto Killing (kbtx.com)
- Woman Convicted of Murder for Stabbing Boyfriend with Stiletto (people.com)
- Jury convicts woman in Texas stiletto shoe killing (pennlive.com)
- Jury convicts woman of killing boyfriend with 5½-inch stiletto heel (pix11.com)
- Jury convicts woman in Texas stiletto shoe killing (staradvertiser.com)