3 American Doctors Killed in Kabul Hospital ShootingPosted: April 24, 2014
ABC News reports: An Afghan security guard opened fire on a group of doctors at a Kabul hospital on Thursday, killing three American doctors and leaving two other people wounded, officials said. A father and son were among the victims, ABC News has learned.
According to Kabul police, a female American nurse was also wounded in the attack.
The victims’ identities are not yet known, but the U.S. Embassy in Kabul confirmed that they are Americans.
The shooting at Cure International Hospital in western Kabul was the latest attack on foreign civilians in Afghanistan’s capital this year.
The attacker was a member of the Afghan Police Protection Force assigned to guard the hospital, according to District Police Chief Hafiz Khan. He said the man’s motive was not yet clear.
The attacker was wounded and in custody….(read more)
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Taliban Militants Attack Kabul House and Trap Foreigners – New York Times (nytimes.com)
- Up to 15, mostly foreigners, killed in Kabul suicide attack (trust.org)
- Foreign national shot dead in Kabul: witness, doctor (dawn.com)
- Afghan Suspect in AP Shootings Sent to Kabul (abcnews.go.com)
- Taliban Say They Killed 7 Afghan Police Officers (nytimes.com)
- Police detain 9 in Kabul hotel attack (thehindu.com)
- Militants attack Afghan election office in Kabul (usnews.com)
- Serena Hotel Attack Highlights Rising Violence in Afghanistan (nbcnews.com)