Obama’s Dirty WatchdogsPosted: April 25, 2014
Michelle Malkin writes; The Obama administration doesn’t have watchdogs. It has whitewash puppies.
The president’s Chicago bullies have defanged true advocates for integrity in government in D.C. from day one. So the latest report by the Senate Homeland Security and Government Operations Committee on corruptocrat Charles K. Edwards, the former Department of Homeland Security inspector general, isn’t a revelation. It’s confirmation.
Investigators found that Edwards compromised the independence of his office by socializing and sucking up to senior DHS officials. “There are many blessings to be thankful for this year,” the sycophantic Edwards wrote to the DHS acting counsel on Thanksgiving 2011, “but one of the best is having a friend like you.” Geez, get them a room.
Whistleblowers outlined how Edwards cozied up to multiple DHS execs and legal staffers, who directed him to alter reports on immigration enforcement, TSA screening and the Secret Service’s dalliances with prostitutes in Argentina. Edwards failed to obtain independent legal analysis of ethics issues. The IG counsel was cut out of the loop. Edwards ordered reports to be doctored or delayed. He failed to recuse himself from audits and inspections that had conflicts of interest related to his wife’s employment.
The probe among DHS employees also discovered that Edwards’ apparent retaliatory actions against staff dissenters “contributed to an office environment characterized by low morale, fear and general dissatisfaction with Mr. Edwards’ leadership.”
The Obama White House was quite happy, however. The administration installed this 20-year career bureaucrat as acting DOJ senior watchdog despite the fact that he had zero experience conducting audits, investigations and inspections — the three fundamental duties of an inspector general. They got exactly what they needed: A do-nothing, know-nothing, toothless lackey…(read more)
- DHS sec’y puts ex-watchdog on leave after report (kansascity.com)
- Senate Report Says DHS Watchdog ‘Jeopardized’ His Office’s Integrity (securitymanagement.com)
- Senate report criticizes former DHS watchdog (usnews.com)
- Senate report criticizes former DHS watchdog (stltoday.com)
- Senate Report: Homeland Security Watchdog Was Anything But (newser.com)
- DHS sec’y puts ex-watchdog on leave after report (charlotteobserver.com)
- ‘Prove me wrong’: Michelle Malkin sees through DOJ, FBI crackdown on Dems (twitchy.com)
- Homeland Security watchdog accused of whitewashing report (dailycaller.com)
- A Brief History of Slimy Dem Snoops and Dumpster Divers (michellemalkin.com)
- AT THIS POINT, IS ANYONE SURPRISED? Homeland Security watchdog accused of whitewashing report. T… (pjmedia.com)