Attorney: 3rd Party Leaked Sterling RecordingPosted: May 1, 2014
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Tami Abdollah reports: An attorney representing the woman Donald Sterling was talking to when he made racist remarks said Thursday that the hour-long conversation was taped by mutual agreement last September and provided to a friend for safekeeping, who then leaked it to TMZ.
V. Stiviano sent two snippets of the conversation, recorded in her Los Angeles duplex, to a friend who released them without her permission, lawyer Siamak Nehoray said. He would not identify the friend.
Nehoray said she sent snippets of the conversation recorded on her phone electronically to her friend for safekeeping in case anything happened, but only two went through, Nehoray said.
He wouldn’t elaborate on what prompted her to send the recordings.
Nehoray said Stiviano, 31, only learned they would become public after TMZ contacted her. She was devastated, he said.
“She’s a young girl thrown in the middle of this thing, unwillingly,” Nehoray said. “She didn’t release the tape. She gave it to somebody for safe keeping. It was unfortunate that it was released. It’s a lot to deal with.”
Tami Abdollah can be reached at http://www.twitter.com/latams
- V. Stiviano lawyer says client didn’t release Donald Sterling recordings (vancouversun.com)
- Stiviano Sad Over Donald Sterling Ban, Lawyer Says (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- V. Stiviano “saddened’ by Donald Sterling’s lifetime ban (sbnation.com)
- V. Stiviano’s Bizarre Behavior Caught On Video: ‘One Day, I Will Become President’ [VIDEO] (designntrend.com)
- Key details about woman at center of Donald Sterling scandal (cbsnews.com)
- Vanessa Stiviano Lawyer: V. Stiviano ‘Devastated’ That Donald Sterling Banned From NBA (theepochtimes.com)
- The Race-Baiters and V. Stiviano Strike Gold (powerlineblog.com)
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Blasts ‘Sleazy’ Media Glee Over Sterling’s Private Racism (dailycaller.com)
- Democrat Donor Donald Sterling Caught on Tape Spewing Racist Comments (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Racist Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Has Only Contributed to Democrats (nationalreview.com)