[VIDEO] Ben Rhodes: Political HackPosted: May 1, 2014
The Arizona senator wants to see Rhodes and others involved subpoenaed under a congressional select committee. “We have never heard from many of the key players that were involved in that, including Ben Rhodes, who we now see used to be a spokesperson for the NSC [National Security Council], obviously was the political hack for the Obama reelect.”
The goal of the appearances, said Rhodes, is “to convey that the United States is doing everything that we can to protect our people and facilities abroad; [and] to underscore that these protests are rooted in an Internet video, not a broader failure of policy.”
…The email is black-and-white evidence of deception and spin by top White House officials, who have denied since shortly after the 2012 attack that they tried to portray it as an out-of-control protest. In fact, the Cairo demonstration — which was not blocked by the Obama-supported Muslim Brotherhood government of Egypt — was organized to demand the release of a jihadi locked up in a U.S. jail…
Emails sent by senior White House adviser Ben Rhodes to other top administration officials reveal an effort to insulate President Barack Obama from the attacks that killed four Americans.
Rhodes sent this email to top White House officials such as David Plouffe and Jay Carney just a day before National Security Adviser Susan Rice made her infamous Sunday news show appearances to discuss the attack.
The “goal,” according to these emails, was “to underscore that these protests are rooted in an Internet video, and not a broader failure or policy.”
Rice came under fierce criticism following her appearances on television after she adhered to these talking points and blamed the attack on a little-watched Internet video.
The newly released internal White House e-mails show that Rice’s orders came from top Obama administration communications officials.
“[W]e’ve made our views on this video crystal clear. The United States government had nothing to do with it,” Rhodes wrote in the email, which was released on Tuesday by the advocacy group Judicial Watch…
- Jay Carney clashes with Jon Karl: That Benghazi e-mail from Ben Rhodes wasn’t about Benghazi (hotair.com)
- The administration’s War on Truth about Benghazi (legalinsurrection.com)
- Carney: ‘The Email and the Talking Points Were Not About Benghazi’ (cnsnews.com)
- HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS: Administration’s Benghazi Lies Were an “Effort to Protect, Re-Elect Obama” (directorblue.blogspot.com)
- Benghazi Emails Show Blaming Video Was Effort to Protect, Re-Elect Obama (pjmedia.com)
- Email Shows White House Planned Benghazi Video Deception (tomfernandez28.com)
- Sharyl Attkisson: Obama White House Directed Incorrect Benghazi Narrative (theconservativetreehouse.com)
- Sharyl Attkisson: White Directed Incorrect Benghazi Narrative (thegatewaypundit.com)
- All roads lead to… (powerlineblog.com)
- Jay Carney Lies About the Benghazi Email (powerlineblog.com)