Snowden to be Called to German Parliament Spying Investigation HearingPosted: May 8, 2014
UPI 5/8/2014 8:05:23 PM
Testimony from the American whistleblower and former NSA contractor was agreed to by all political parties in the investigative committee, said Martina Renner of the socialist Die Linke party. Since the German government will likely prevent Snowden from attending a hearing, he is expected to be questioned by either a video link, or a visit from a parliamentary delegation to Moscow, his current home.
Snowden could be extradited to the United States if he leaves Russia for Germany. His questioning could begin by early July.
- German Lawmakers Want to Interview Snowden (abcnews.go.com)
- Spectre of Snowden Testimony Causes Uproar in Germany (readersupportednews.org)
- German lawmakers to ask Snowden testify over mass surveillance despite govt pressure (rt.com)
- Trans-Atlantic Supplicant: Merkel Chooses Unity over NSA Truth (spiegel.de)
- German lawmakers want to interview Snowden (kansascity.com)
- German lawmakers decide to quiz Snowden (uk.reuters.com)