4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Confirmed for Sept 2014 Release Date as Apple Orders 50M iPhones from PegatronPosted: May 9, 2014
For International Business Times, Erik Pineda writes: The iPhone 6 release date is fast shaping up to become real on September 2014 as mass production of the 4.7-inch version is reportedly already underway, according to new reports.
[See also: REPORT: APPLE ON VERGE OF BUYING BEATS FOR $3.2B]
Reports coming from Taiwan and Japan, which according to MacRumors were picked up by Industrial & Commercial Times and MacOtakara respectively, appear to indicate that Apple manufacturing partner Pegatron has started production activities for the tech giant’s 2014 iPhone thrust.
Pegatron is one of the iPhone maker’s two major mobile device assemblers from Asia. The one is Foxconn, which according to Apple Insider is slated to take up some 85 per cent of iPhone production duties this 2014.
Specifically, Pegatron is tasked to deliver some 50 million units of iOS-powered smartphones comprising of the iPhone 4S, the iPhone 5C and the iPhone 6. The Taiwan-based manufacturer is said to assume responsibilities in putting together the initial batch of 4.7-inch iPhone 6 shipments.
“Apple supplier Pegatron has received 15 per cent of the orders for Apple’s upcoming 4.7-inch iPhone 6 ahead of the device’s launch this September,” said the MacRumors report.
The new reports, Apple Insider said, point to a shift in ramped up production mode as early as late Q2 2014 and continuing into late August or early September…(read more)
- Pegatron reportedly receives 15% of the orders for the upcoming iPhone 6 (techi.com)
- iPhone 6 4.7-inch model detailed for Pegatron release (slashgear.com)
- Pegatron Wins 15 Percent of iPhone 6 Orders (technobuffalo.com)
- Pegatron receives manufacturing orders for 4.7-inch iPhone 6 (cultofmac.com)
- Pegatron Receives 15% of 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Orders? (iClarified.com)
- Pegatron Reportedly Receives 15% of 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Orders Ahead of September Launch (macrumors.com)
- Pegatron nabs 15% of Apple’s 4.7-inch iPhone 6 orders ahead of September launch, sources say (macdailynews.com)
- Pegatron receives orders for 4.7-inch iPhone 6 ahead of fall launch (idownloadblog.com)
- Rumor: Apple supplier Pegatron nets orders for 4.7-inch ‘iPhone 6,’ to ship in September (appleinsider.com)