Geller: ‘It’s Issa Who Should be Taken to the Woodshed, Not Donnelly’Posted: May 10, 2014
Darrell Issa Shows Ignorance of Islam
Pamela Geller writes: California State Assemblyman Tim Donnelly, who is running for governor, recently pointed out that his rival Neel Kashkari “supported the United States submitting to the Islamic, Shariah banking code in 2008 when he ran TARP.”
The charge was true, but that didn’t stop the influential Republican Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chair, from furiously denouncing not Kashkari, but Donnelly – illustrating again what’s wrong with the right.
Geller‘s book: The Post-American Presidency: The Obama Administration’s War on America is available at Amazon.com
Issa raged: “There is no place in any public discussion for this type of hateful and ignorant garbage. As far as I’m concerned, this type of stupidity disqualifies Donnelly from being fit to hold any office, anywhere. Donnelly is no longer a viable option for California voters… There is no place in the Republican Party or in this race for someone like Tim Donnelly.”
“Why should the American taxpayer legitimize and institutionalize the Sharia? “
Donnelly duly apologized. But he shouldn’t have. He was right. Did Darryll Issa even look into the charge? Or did he knee-jerk smear Donnelly? And who died and made Issa king of the Republican Party? Who is this uninformed loudmouth to say who is or isn’t welcomed into the Republican Party? Like Brody said in Jaws, we need a bigger boat. If every time someone touches the third rail – jihad and sharia – they get burned and turned on, then the Republicans are going the way of the Whigs.
It’s Issa who should be taken to the woodshed, not Donnelly. What was hateful wasn’t Donnelly’s statement but Issa’s response. What is ignorant is Issa’s complete lack of knowledge of sharia, TARP, and the taxpayer-funded sharia programs. Why should the American taxpayer legitimize and institutionalize the Sharia? Sharia finance is the pernicious effort to force the banking industry to conform to Islamic law. Sharia banking finances Islamic terror through zakat (Islamic almsgiving) and would destroy whole sectors of the American economy, as it prohibits investment in whole industries, including pork, alcohol, tobacco, and some forms of entertainment.
Shariah Finance Watch explains that sharia-compliant finance “as monitored by paid Shariah law advisors to U.S. banking institutions must ‘purify’ certain return on investment (ROI) dollars that do not meet Shariah law standards. This money must be donated to Islamic charities – including some that promote Jihad and support suicide bombing. Investment disclosures state that these profits can be as high as 6% of profits of investments.”…(read more)
Pamela Geller is the President of the American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI), publisher of PamelaGeller.com and author of The Post-American Presidency: The Obama Administration’s War on America and Stop the Islamization of America: A Practical Guide to the Resistance. Follow her on Twitter here. Like her on Facebook here.
- GOVERNOR’S RACE: Darrell Issa slams Tim Donnelly for Sharia comments (pe.com)
- Issa condemns Donnelly comments on Islamic law (sfgate.com)
- Peak Crazy? Donnelly Accuses Kashkari of Supporting Shariah Provisions (ivoter.net)
- Tim Donnelly Tries to Tie GOP Gubernatorial Foe Neel Kashkari of Irvine to Shariah Law (blogs.ocweekly.com)
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Donnelly Slammed Over Comments Tying Rival Kashkari To Islamic Law (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- Gubernatorial Candidate Taking Heat For Linking Rival To Shariah Law (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
- Issa condemns Donnelly comments on Islamic law (sacbee.com)
- Republican California candidate for governor blasted over Sharia comments (reuters.com)
- 2014 GOP gov’s race getting uglier: Donnelly website charges Kashkari supports Shariah law (sfgate.com)