Obama Installs Solar Panels on White House Roof to Power 22 Light BulbsPosted: May 12, 2014
For Breitbart.com, Robert Wilde reports: The White House has 132 rooms, 32 bathrooms, 6 levels, 412 doors, 147 windows, 28 fireplaces, 7 staircases, and 3 elevators. What’s more, there is now an arrangement of solar panels resting on its roof that is generating almost 44 kilowatt hours of electricity a day.
According to the Climate Change Dispatch, the not-so-monumental outflow of solar energy accounts for enough juice to power 22 100-watt light bulbs for 20 hours each day. Ironically, if you have ever viewed just one corridor in the White House, you know they would still need to add a few AAAs to keep the bulbs glowing.
As you may have suspected, Obama is doing all of this to set a good example for all American families and businesses to reduce our need to use fossil fuels, cut carbon emissions, and save the planet from global warming.
The new solar panel formation will be similar to one his predecessor George W. Bush used to energize a White House maintenance building and a swimming pool. Bush got little credit for reducing global warming…(read more)
- White House finishes solar panel installation (yakimaherald.com)
- Sun Rises on Solar Panels on White House Roof (abcnews.go.com)
- Sun rises on solar panels on White House roof (kansascity.com)
- Let the sun shine in _ on White House solar panels (nzherald.co.nz)
- Sun rises on solar panels on White House roof (miamiherald.com)
- Let the light shine on White House solar panels (metronews.ca)
- Sun rises on solar panels on White House roof (sfgate.com)
- Fight over Solar Power Returns to White House Roof [Video] (blogs.scientificamerican.com)
- White House’s Newly Installed Solar Panels Will Generate Power For A Total of Six Lightbulbs… (weaselzippers.us)