[VIDEO] Obama’s 5-Step Scandal ManualPosted: May 25, 2014
“It’s the exact same language every time.”
For Truth Revolt, Trey Sanchez reports: The Wall Street Journal‘s Kimberley Strassel suggested on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace that President Obama has a “scandal manual” in his top drawer as a go-to guide on how to respond to the latest scandal because as it turns out, the administration responds the same way every time.
In an edited video clip, President Obama and White House Press Secretary Jay Carney are shown across the latest three scandals — the IRS targeting conservatives, the AP phone records collection, and now the VA secret waiting lists — saying they first heard about them through the media just like everybody else.
This spurred Strassel to make her suggestion:
You have to wonder if there’s a ‘scandal manual’ in the top drawer of the president’s desk. It isn’t just the ‘I heard about it from the media’ — there’s like five steps that this administration keeps repeating every time a scandal comes up.
Step one is, ‘Well, I didn’t know about it.’ Step two is to express great outrage. When that doesn’t work…Step three is to fire some low level bureaucrat that no one’s ever heard of. The study comes next — we are going to wait and see what the IG says, or the FBI investigation or whatever it is…(read more)
- Yup, This Happened, America: Jay Carney Says Obama Found Out About the Newest Scandal on the News (ijreview.com)
- News to us! Jay Carney says Obama learned of VA scandal from media reports (twitchy.com)
- When a President Learns Everything on TV (commentarymagazine.com)
- Strassel wins award for journalistic excellence (researchcouncil.org)
- Video: Obama is ‘Outraged’ Quite Often by his Scandals (tomfernandez28.com)
- Dem Slams Obama’s Response to VA Scandal (freebeacon.com)