Obama at West Point: The Psychology of SurrenderPosted: May 29, 2014
For Breibart.com, Dr. Sebastian Gorka writes: From the vantage point of the just-about-to-graduate cadets at West Point, it must be very cool to have the Commander-in-Chief be your commencement speaker.
Perhaps the ‘wow-factor’ is diminished when the speech is one that underlines why America isn’t important and how the biggest war of the last decade is about to be lost.
“The President’s speech is full of these surreal assertions that bear no resemblance to the actual world we live in”
For those who really must go to the source the full text is here. For those with shorter attention spans see the excellent and almost instantaneous analyses by my Breitbart colleagues Joel Pollak and Charlie Spiering.
Here is another take.
What can I say? Bluntly: as a professor of irregular warfare and international security I cannot recall ever reading a more confused speech by a head of state, nor one that is so utterly detached from reality. From the opening passages that speak of how the world automatically looks to America when “schoolgirls are kidnapped in Nigeria, or masked men occupy a building in Ukraine,” to the president later taking credit for the fact that “more people live under elected governments today than at any time in human history” it feels as if the President is living in an alternate reality.
Please don’t misunderstand me. I agree that the world does look to us when there is a crisis or a vicious wrong to be righted. But when we respond with hashtag “assaults” via Twitter instead of actual commando raids to rescue the Christian girls captured by the jihadists of Boko Haram, or when we deploy 600 troops to Poland and the Baltic states as Russia moves 30,000 troops in their APCs and tanks to the border of Ukraine, I am at a loss at to what there is to be proud of…(read more)
- Top Five Straw Men Obama Used in West Point Foreign Policy Address (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- President Obama’s West Point speech – in 13 tweets (washingtonpost.com)
- CNN Reporter: Obama’s Speech Earned ‘Icy Reception’ From West Point Grads (dailycaller.com)
- ‘Who says that?’ Obama busts out the straw men for West Point commencement speech (twitchy.com)
- [VIDEO] CNN: ‘Icy Reception’ for Obama During West Point Visit (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- Dick Cheney: Obama Is “Very, Very Weak… The Weakest of My Lifetime” (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Obama at West Point: ‘Because We Have the Best Hammer Does Not Mean that Every Problem Is a Nail’ (nationalreview.com)
- A Sad, Half-hearted Address to the Wrong Audience (nationalreview.com)