[VIDEO] Learning from Ancient WarfarePosted: May 29, 2014
From the YouTube summary: As part of our ongoing partnership with the Hoover Institution at Stanford University, we spoke with Victor Davis Hanson, the Martin and Illie Anderson senior fellow and chair of the Military History Working Group at the Hoover Institution.
[Order Victor Davis Hanson’s book The Savior Generals: How Five Great Commanders Saved Wars That Were Lost – From Ancient Greece to Iraq from Amazon.com]
Hanson, an expert in the classics and military history, explains what today’s leaders can learn from the ancient Greeks and Romans. As Hanson says, the ancients teach us why wars begin, how they proceed and how they can be ended. Although this may not prevent future conflicts, the knowledge can help mitigate the effects of war on people.
Watch and find out what other lessons Hanson offers on history and warfare.
- VICTOR DAVIS HANSON: Lord Obama: “If we were living in normal times, the following scandals and fa… (pjmedia.com)
- Uncommon Knowledge: Victor Davis Hanson (fora.tv)
- Victor Davis Hanson on Settled Science (junkscience.com)
- ‘Path to Armageddon’: Victor Davis Hanson On Our ‘Path to Armageddon’ (b4inmain.wordpress.com)
- Interview with Victor Davis Hanson (Part Five) (humanevents.com)
- VICTOR DAVIS HANSON: Can We Still Win Wars? “Given that the United States fields the costliest, mos… (pjmedia.com)
- Reality Check: Boko Haram and the Sultan of Brunei Couldn’t Care Less About Western Twitter Outrage (punditfromanotherplanet.com)