Sacré Bleu! Topless Feminist Stabs Wax Putin in France, Wax Figure in Critical ConditionPosted: June 5, 2014
A topless member of the radical protest group Femen used a metal chisel to stab and bash in the face of Putin’s statue in a famed Paris wax museum on Thursday.
Police arrested the activist shortly after the attack, which happened near statues of US President Barack Obama and recently abdicated Spanish King Juan Carlos, both of which escaped without a scratch.
Putin is to arrive in France on Thursday to attend the 70th anniversary of D-Day events, which have attracted scores of world leaders to France. Putin arrives under the cloud of the confrontation between western powers and Russia over the annexation of Crimea.
Even before the borders of Ukraine became an international issue, the Paris-based Femen had staged confrontational protests against Putin, as well as high-profile targets in France like the Notre Dame Cathedral and the head of the far-right National Front party Marine Le Pen.
- Topless chick writes ‘kill Putin’ on chest then stabs wax figure (intellihub.com)
- Femen Activist Vandalizes Wax Putin Statue In Paris (rferl.org)
- Topless Feminist Protesters Arrested While Sucking Sex Toys With Putin’s Name On Them (NSFW, VIDEO) (thelibertarianrepublic.com)
- Shock of the nude: Femen’s fight for women’s rights comes to London (standard.co.uk)
- Femen Topless Protesters Storm National Front Joan of Arc May Day Parade (ibtimes.co.uk)
- Topless Femen leader: British women need us (telegraph.co.uk)
- Femen Stages a ‘Topless Jihad’ (iranaware.com)
- Radical Femen Leader Plans US Feminist Outpost (abcnews.go.com)
- Ukraine’s Topless Feminists Are Here and They’re Recruiting (nymag.com)