Richard Nixon 2.0: ‘Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails’Posted: June 13, 2014
For The Daily Caller, Patrick Howley reports: The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) claimed Friday that it cannot produce Lois Lerner’s emails to and from the White House and other administration departments due to a supposed computer crash.
The IRS previously agreed to hand over all of the ex-IRS official’s emails from 2009 to 2011 to the House Ways and Means Committee, chaired by Rep. Dave Camp. But the IRS claimed Friday that it has Lerner’s emails to and from other IRS officials but it cannot produce emails to and from the Treasury and Justice Departments, the Federal Election Commission, or Democratic offices.
“Just a short time ago, Commissioner Koskinen promised to produce all Lerner documents,” Camp continued. “It appears now that was an empty promise.”
— Rep. Dave Camp
“The fact that I am just learning about this, over a year into the investigation, is completely unacceptable and now calls into question the credibility of the IRS’s response to Congressional inquiries,” Camp said in a statement. “There needs to be an immediate investigation and forensic audit by Department of Justice as well as the Inspector General.”
“Just a short time ago, Commissioner Koskinen promised to produce all Lerner documents,” Camp continued…(read more)
- IRS’s Lois Lerner had Database of Tax Exempt Organizations Sent to FBI Weeks before 2010 Midterm Elections (oversight.house.gov)
- IRS Sent Confidential Information On Nonprofit Groups To FBI Days Before 2010 Midterm Elections (dailycaller.com)
- IRS to turn over all Lois Lerner emails to House committee (legalinsurrection.com)
- IRS Agrees To Give House Committee All Lois Lerner Emails (dailycaller.com)
- Issa: Lois Lerner illegally ‘sent massive database of tax exempt orgs to FBI’ (twitchy.com)
- Report: IRS Sent Database Containing Confidential Taxpayer Information to FBI (nationalreview.com)