Sebelius Blames ‘Right-Wing Media’, ‘Shadow Political Organizations’, ‘Hostile Governors, ‘Hostile Legislators’ For Obamacare FailuresPosted: June 17, 2014 | |
For The Daily Caller, Sarah Hurtubise reports: Former Secretary of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius took aim at her “hostile” right-wing opponents Tuesday, in her first speech after resigning her top post.
“We had right-wing media, leadership in Congress who was determined on the House side to stop this law at any cost, shadow political organizations, hostile governors, hostile legislators, all working to make sure you couldn’t do the job that was so important.”
— Kathleen Sebelius
At the State of Enrollment conference run by Enroll America, an Obamacare-promoting nonprofit run by former Obama White House staffer Anne Filipic, Sebelius addressed a friendly audience with a host of typical pro-Obamacare speakers, from insurance executive Dan Hilferty, Independence Blue Cross CEO, to Democratic Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear.
“We had right-wing media, leadership in Congress who was determined on the House side to stop this law at any cost, shadow political organizations, hostile governors, hostile legislators, all working to make sure you couldn’t do the job that was so important,” Sebelius gushed, only once mentioning “our well-known issues with the website” putting a damper on customers getting coverage.
Sebelius even hit states for putting limits on navigators at all, seemingly, despite reports that personal information has already been put at risk. She hit back at the “relentless obstruction” of those who would put a check on Obamacare staffers asking for customers personal information — “people who were forced with getting fingerprints and paying a fee in order to help people access health insurance.”
She wasn’t alone. President Obama pre-taped a message for the conference, taking the opportunity to snipe at those who continue to oppose the health-care law in a short video…(read more)
- Kathleen Sebelius Points Finger At Texas On Obamacare (computermagazine.com)
- Sebelius says HHS does not know how many have enrolled (watchdog.org)
- Once Again, Sebelius Is Lying: CBS News Has ObamaCare Enrollment Statistics (downtrend.com)
- Sebelius slashes Obamcare enrollment expectations, blames CBO [VIDEO] (grumpyelder.com)
- Kansas lawmakers: Sebelius tarnished her family’s political legacy (dailycaller.com)
- Obama: Sebelius ‘Will Go Down In History’ For Obamacare (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Oregon’s $300 Million Dollar Obamacare Exchange Hasn’t Enrolled a Single Person Online (legalinsurrection.com)